Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

i think they both look great, but i’m partial to the red version.
So the seats will be red and black just like the ones I posted but I’ll be using the stracato fabric I picked up from Relicate. I like exactly how the red/black seats I posted are with the center sections red. What I was thinking is on the grey and black ones take away all the grey center area and use my fabric in replacement, so all over the front section like that. But then I started thinking that might a little over whelming that way VS just doing the center sections in the middle like those red/black seats. This is what I’ll running as it matches the Scarlett red interior so will go together well, I was just mocking up how I want to do the rear seats.
569D2601-8CC7-4AE1-9835-1D5AA2F63FAB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

What color is the rest of the interior and exterior? Without knowing that, I fully endorse the black and red. Light grey is a pain to keep clean. If you go that way, the back insert from the red would help the tweed.

What color is the rest of the interior and exterior? Without knowing that, I fully endorse the black and red. Light grey is a pain to keep clean. If you go that way, the back insert from the red would help the tweed.
So my interior is the scarlet red with black accents. There would be no grey in my car let me try and better explain the idea in my head.

Ok so here is what I was trying to explain with that “grey” seat. So unlike the red and black seat that just has the center section. I was thinking was stretch the entire fabric over the entire front section. So like on that grey seat, my idea was all the grey area would be my stracato red/black checkered fabric instead of just the small center sections and seat bottoms between the thigh bolsters. IMO though I think having all that grey area marked in yellow with the fabric would possibly be to overwhelming with the checkered pattern. I believe I’m going to basically copy the black / red seat and just run the centers with fabric.
C9A5B4C7-78A1-4818-B125-F48EC86CF5EB.jpeg
CC31EF65-41AD-4172-A050-1476FD921D26.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Alrighty my peeps I’ve been on a long stand still just been busy traveling and what not and surely 3 months give or take have passed and the car has just been up on stands. Let me get some opinions here on my seat reupholster journey. I am going with an Audi stracato fabric for the middle section. It matches up to the scarlet red material and will just have a cool look. Originally in my head I was going to do exactly like this one LX seat I posted just mine would be the LS, same black all around the outer then the stracato fabric in the center sections. They used a red houndstooth on this seat I posted. I love the look, but now I started thinking I also really like this grey seat posted. So I would still run the black vinyl or leather on the back and sides but run more fabric all over the face of the seat. I guess this would be similar to how our originals seats were with the vinyl on the sides and back and the tweed on the faces of the seat etc.
D257A91A-8845-411A-8129-3BC3055D5896.jpeg
96F3F1C1-6A6A-415D-BE52-8D19ADADFDD0.jpeg
4DF64C7E-6216-4FB4-9849-23845D970077.jpeg
'80s designs are really starting to come into their own as a vintage style. Those are some great looking seats.

the thing with Recaros is the styles that are deemed “classic” and “universal” are the ones that hold value quite well.

classic black bolsters, red stitch, red houndstooth style centers. Classic, will hold value

And down the road if you want to change it up, you can pick up another set of center inserts, redo those differently, and swap them out.

Reactions: 1 users
the thing with Recaros is the styles that are deemed “classic” and “universal” are the ones that hold value quite well.

classic black bolsters, red stitch, red houndstooth style centers. Classic, will hold value

And down the road if you want to change it up, you can pick up another set of center inserts, redo those differently, and swap them out.
True that’s my plan just minus the red houndstooth as mine will be the black/red checkers stracato material. Ordered 4 yards of it from Relicate. I think it will blend in well in the car, and just stand out as more of a one off for my car. Trying to find some local shops which I’m trying to more to see what they quote me. If not I’ll just end up shipping them to the guy in Cali where @2000xp8 got his done. Just trying to avoid the shipping cost if possible

Been awhile!! So seats are finally out to get redone and I can’t wait. I searched for awhile and found a guy that I decided to let handle them and was a reasonable price unlike many offers I got which was well over $2k just to do the front seats!! GTFOH with that!!! Which is why I hate going to certain shops in scrubs bc I feel like that just makes everyone add in an extra few to many dollars. I know I mentioned it before but when I’m in down time I get antsy! I buy stuff that I don’t necessarily need but just want. Well I bought them, always wanted these Scott rod panels, got them all test fitted, had to trim and shave a little here and there, they are surely not just a straight drop in and go. Honestly I think it’s going to look great!!! For now I’m just going to powder coat these like the radiator gap filler in the picture and rivet these in, and when I finally get to the engine bay cleaned and painted then I’ll have them welded in etc. should be taking them to my guy I use for powder coating next week so I’ll post some after pics. I was nervous cutting the hole for the pipe but it’s done, probably should’ve protected the pipe better during test fitting bc I’m sure I scratched the pipe up, as well as scratching my fender with damn panel when pulling it out to dremel the hole bigger.
05D8F633-162B-4DAC-999C-79ABB58C71BC.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Panels are back and in the car! Sure it’s not the biggest noticeable difference, but I love the cleanness! For the time being I’ve mounted the coil back in it’s original spot bc idk where else I can mount right now
E026321F-B0E4-4092-9629-8180F4E1EF00.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users