Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

looks great you can barely see the rivets. You are making me rethink taking out my cowl panel cover and radiator filler piece and painting them body color
20210717_173541.jpg
TBH i like it matching better bc it doesn’t stick out so bad. I like that it blends and is subtle. Ppl don’t notice it at first! My buddy had the radiator piece as well but left it black, it was nice but it just stuck out. Let the intake and blower pop and paint or powder coat if possible the radiator and cowl panel to match. Think it would look better.

Panels are back and in the car! Sure it’s not the biggest noticeable difference, but I love the cleanness! For the time being I’ve mounted the coil back in it’s original spot bc idk where else I can mount right now
E026321F-B0E4-4092-9629-8180F4E1EF00.jpeg
Did you delete your pcv valve? I see a filter on the oil filler tub but no catch can so just wondering what your setup is in regards to that

Did you delete your pcv valve? I see a filter on the oil filler tub but no catch can so just wondering what your setup is in regards to that
No PCV still intact, egr is deleted. So when I took the car to have the valve covers cut etc bc there was no pre cut oil filler holes. They cut the one where the filter is, but the trickflow oil filler I bought was hitting the power pipe. So they drilled another hole on the drivers side for it. Then popped in a breather on the passenger side. It kept leaking oil out of it, would spray into the breather, get it soaked and drip all over the headers. So I popped a grommet in with a valve. They claimed it would help with crank pressure! Not sure if that grommet with the valve is good or not. It does help keep the oil from popping out. Unfortunately the valve covers didn’t come with baffles etc. I haven’t drove the car since putting that grommet valve in but it does seem hesitant/ maybe sluggish, when reving at idle vs smooth as it was before when there was no valve.

No PCV still intact, egr is deleted. So when I took the car to have the valve covers cut etc bc there was no pre cut oil filler holes. They cut the one where the filter is, but the trickflow oil filler I bought was hitting the power pipe. So they drilled another hole on the drivers side for it. Then popped in a breather on the passenger side. It kept leaking oil out of it, would spray into the breather, get it soaked and drip all over the headers. So I popped a grommet in with a valve. They claimed it would help with crank pressure! Not sure if that grommet with the valve is good or not. It does help keep the oil from popping out. Unfortunately the valve covers didn’t come with baffles etc. I haven’t drove the car since putting that grommet valve in but it does seem hesitant/ maybe sluggish, when reving at idle vs smooth as it was before when there was no valve.
If your using a pcv valve still you want to keep the system closed. That filter on the oil filler tube in the picture looks like a solid vacuum leak to me man. If your going to run breathers on the valve covers you need to remove the pcv valve and plug it's whole in the lower intake. Best thing to do there would be to weld a bung on each valve cover and run lines to a catch can with pcv valve deleted or remove filters, add line back from throttle body to filler tube and add pcv valve back with line from that to manifold vacuum how it is stock.

If your using a pcv valve still you want to keep the system closed. That filter on the oil filler tube in the picture looks like a solid vacuum leak to me man. If your going to run breathers on the valve covers you need to remove the pcv valve and plug it's whole in the lower intake. Best thing to do there would be to weld a bung on each valve cover and run lines to a catch can with pcv valve deleted or remove filters, add line back from throttle body to filler tube and add pcv valve back with line from that to manifold vacuum how it is stock.
Yeah I feel like I got kinda jacked on that with these valve covers and the guys who did it. In my head I always thought catch cans were more for boosted cars. I’ve contemplated just buying new valve covers, putting the oil filler back to the original passenger side and doing that with the lines. I mean the car has been running good this way. Had some issues where I’d just be idling at the light and would start to hear this loud whistle noise then the car would want to shut off. Wonder if it’s bc of the oil filler on the drivers cover and then this breather on the passenger? Maybe possibly? Idk!!

Yeah I feel like I got kinda jacked on that with these valve covers and the guys who did it. In my head I always thought catch cans were more for boosted cars. I’ve contemplated just buying new valve covers, putting the oil filler back to the original passenger side and doing that with the lines. I mean the car has been running good this way. Had some issues where I’d just be idling at the light and would start to hear this loud whistle noise then the car would want to shut off. Wonder if it’s bc of the oil filler on the drivers cover and then this breather on the passenger? Maybe possibly? Idk!!
yeah sounds like whoever did the valve covers did not account for the power pipe etc, You can buy some rubber grommets for the two wholes with the breathers and pop an fittings in, run the lines to a catch can and block off the pcv valve spot and be good other than the whole fill tube deal. Doesn't matter the actual oil filler tube is on the drivers side if it doesn't bother you.

Wiring / electrical guys I need help on this one. So I moved around some stuff and when I moved the fan controller some of wires unplugged. This box with the yellow arrow is marked l believe 1-10 on the fins. So 5 wires were plugged in, and one originally was plugged on a different fin. Don’t remember which but now it seems my fans won’t kick on. Does it matter which number or fin they were originally plugged into? I thought maybe the 40 fuse was blown but it looks intact. Maybe my only option is to just keep moving that one to the different numbered fins?
EC538A72-EFB7-4F64-9A2C-A62A80985F34.jpeg

Wiring / electrical guys I need help on this one. So I moved around some stuff and when I moved the fan controller some of wires unplugged. This box with the yellow arrow is marked l believe 1-10 on the fins. So 5 wires were plugged in, and one originally was plugged on a different fin. Don’t remember which but now it seems my fans won’t kick on. Does it matter which number or fin they were originally plugged into? I thought maybe the 40 fuse was blown but it looks intact. Maybe my only option is to just keep moving that one to the different numbered fins?
EC538A72-EFB7-4F64-9A2C-A62A80985F34.jpeg

Attachments

• flx-31165.pdf
    215.5 KB · Views: 78
Hahahaha so the shop doing my seats sends me some pics of the seats and I get pumped! seats look amazing, no peeks yet. At least they look really good to me! Still need to see them in person. Then I see the Recaro!!!!! I immediately respond with Uh hell no!!! That ain’t going to work. One it’s freakin huge font, two it looks nothing like the original logo font or size. I know it’s not easy replicate but I know it can be done. He said they will fix it. So I said this is important to me, and is the “signature” to this seat! So if you can’t mirror it then let me know and I’ll order the pin style seat badges. Still waiting to see what it’s going to look like and whether I’ll be satisfied.
A140292A-CF0E-4DB4-AE09-E45751D4C05C.jpeg
31CBF0D3-0B30-4594-83FC-CA57784F966E.jpeg
10C5BA16-AB09-44B0-A649-5BED5CAB5721.png

fyi not sure what you are paying for these but here is some information good to know for the future and for others. I have seen this guy's work and it is top notch. The seats go for around $1500 to $2000 including shipping

Recaroseatsforsale​

@Arunee.Recaro · Entrepreneur

Hope your seats come out to your satisfaction.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
fyi not sure what you are paying for these but here is some information good to know for the future and for others. I have seen this guy's work and it is top notch. The seats go for around $1500 to $2000 including shipping

Recaroseatsforsale​

@Arunee.Recaro · Entrepreneur

Hope your seats come out to your satisfaction.
Yeah I was going to originally go through him, but then stumbled across all this Recaro stuff I picked up for 40 bucks. The guy does great work, for a good price. He is redoing the LSC seat, plus redoing my rears to match. Should come out pretty sweet. Guess we shall see! The price for all of it was hard to beat. A lot of ppl locally wanted to charge me about 2500 just for the front seats.

Reactions: 1 user
Still pending seats!! Decided I haven’t done much with the car so why not fix the smashed seat belt covers. They look good but did a color comparison since they are all products from the same guy compared to the original, one matches pretty good and the other is surely a shade off slightly. Swapped in a new scuff plates as well, the old ones are nasty. Tbh having that seatbelt cover there when you open the door seems out of place bc I haven’t seen it in so long!
CCC33B1B-345F-4701-9D76-5AC9B9C6FCF7.jpeg
E5DD2370-DBFC-4784-AD5B-8111A7B406B0.jpeg
E50CBBFB-FC08-4008-8BFA-C1CADC001C19.jpeg
A4F88A63-7F1A-4A5C-A9DA-8482CF2B33B9.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Still pending seats!! Decided I haven’t done much with the car so why not fix the smashed seat belt covers. They look good but did a color comparison since they are all products from the same guy compared to the original, one matches pretty good and the other is surely a shade off slightly. Swapped in a new scuff plates as well, the old ones are nasty. Tbh having that seatbelt cover there when you open the door seems out of place bc I haven’t seen it in so long!
A little piece of stick on velcro will save your center console from getting scratches from the seat belt.

Love the car and all the work. But please stop posting pics of the garage floor before it costs me money to do mine!!!! Seriously though…. Looks awesome!

Love the car and all the work. But please stop posting pics of the garage floor before it costs me money to do mine!!!! Seriously though…. Looks awesome!
Ha still one of my fav things I did when I bought the house. So glad I had time to clean up, re paint the garage and do the floors before moving in since we still had our apt. Overlap and moved things in slowly VS needing to pack the garage up with all our stuff. No time to waste man just do it!! Love it….. until I drop something that I swear is oh it’s right there i see it, then it’s gone!! I’ve gotten better at finding those dropped items though :O_o:

So I’ve been waiting…. For awhile!!!! Almost a year now, for my seats to be done. Dropped them off with this guy last august so almost a year. The front seats are done, technically! He kept botching the center portion where the Recaro is stitched embroidered whatever you call it. Gave up and ordered some pins from a guy on FB who reupholsters and sells recaros. Once again dropped these pins off months ago. I will message this guy, no response, then finally responds oh I’m busy sorry I’ll send pics. Well that typically leads to nothing. I have seen the front and I think they came out great, this guy isn’t the best upholstery shop in town but I’ve seen some of his work and it’s pretty dang good. I messaged him again, said oh I need to fix something on the fronts. Ok what’s that? Sends a pic of the seats with the pins just sitting there, so by fix he means oh still need to redo center section and place the pins wtf!! Ok I ask so how are my rear seats coming along I’d like a pic so I can make sure you are doing them how I asked. Silence….. I’m at the point where I just want to go pick up my stuff and call it a day. I’ve paid him half upfront when I dropped them off, what would you all do?!?!?!