Bama/Brenspeed...

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
Well, I was going to get the CAI/Tune from brenspeed but recently been hearing that bama's tune has more HP.

So now im leaning towards going with bama. However, I emailed bama with a couple minor questions like do they take discover card and I have yet to hear anything back, this bothers me.

When i write brenspeed i always get a quick response.

This is a big toss up for me and i'm not sure.

Right now leaning towards getting the C&L "racer" intake w/ sct x2 tune..

now just to decide bama or brenspeed. You're advice? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The 4 digit code is on a white sticker on your ecu in the engine bay by the fuse box.

Doug is a bit backed up right now. He's starting to catch up, but since it's summer, there's a lot of people ordering stuff, and he's doing a lot of road trips to dyno tune. He's worth the wait in my opinion. My intake and tune for my '07 should arrive today. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for a response about my tune for my '05. But if you're not in a huge hurry, he's worth it.

+1 to DarkFireGT's recommendation. Doug's tunes are definitely worth it.
I've been using his 93 octane Race tune in my 05 S197 for the past month, and it leads me to say just one thing about Doug => He's a wizard.

Is it recommanded to use the race tune on the street for daily driving as well or perf?

You guys know if he takes Discover card?

Thanks for advice!

Anyone else?

1. Doug will get back to you. It will take a while.

2. Bama and Brenspeed tunes are both great. I have both (race) tunes.

3. The race tune is fine for the street. Don't expect that it is that much different than other tunes. Id does come on hard but it is not as though he can make it a fire breathing mustang. Get the race tune. The torque tune is boring compared to the race tune. I have a daily driver, I don't race but I use the race tune.

Yes, Doug does take Discover Card. I purchased a JLT cai from him with the 93 race tune for my daily driver. WoW. It's great!

Also remember when you buy from him i.e. tuner and cai and then add a new mod he'll upgrade your tune without cost! Talk about added value!!!

Go with Doug!

Thanks, Dewman :nice:

You can't go wrong with either one. And remember, each car is a little different so don't be too concerned about one person's dyno experience. I personnally would prefer the best service to go with my tune, and that seems to be Brenspeed for sure. Say what you want, but if you search for Bama you'll find alot of threads lately about how hard he is to get ahold of- that's a fact. BUT, either way you can't really go wrong. :nice:

I have nothing against Brenspeed, and you're right, Doug has been hard to get a hold of lately. But I'll wait for good customer service. I'm not saying Brenspeed's is bad, at all, but Doug will update your tunes no matter what mods you get. Brendspeed will only do a free update if you purchase the parts from him. I can understand why Brenspeed doesn't, but the fact that Doug does is what keeps me going back to him.

I'm very happy with the C&L racer kit and Brenspeed 93 tune on the wives Roush automatic daily driver...

Baselined at 258hp @ 272 tq on Mustang dyno

After:
302hp / 305 tq on Mustang dyno

Only 2 runs with factory rubber 24psi

2.02 60'ft 13.33 @ 102.5mph

2.01 60' ft 13.31 @ 103 mph

I have a CAI and tuner that I got from Doug. I e-mailed him twice before I purchased, and he never did respond. So I called him, and he picked up the phone immediately, and was very helpful in answering my questions.

One of the questions I had was that he didn't have my color (one of the new ones for 07), on the drop down menu for the JLT intake. He took the time to call JLT, verify that my color was available, update his website, then call me back to let me know that I could order the color I wanted.

If you're not having luck with e-mail, try giving him a call. Very nice guy, and his tunes rock!

I just got back from my test drive after installing Doug's JLT and SCT x2 kit. I installed the kit and loaded the 89 Performance tune in less than 30 minutes. WOW!! Holy *****! My wife's auto got 3rd gear rubber on dry concrete! After 1 email and 3 weeks, it was worth every penny!

Absolutely no regrets.