Buying new stang, which one?

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
I just sold my 92 GT and wanted something newer and more comfertable. I have narrowed it down to two. A red 99 GT with no mods, one owner and a 98 red GT with a Vortec blower and flowmaster exaust and MAC h pipe with 3.73. Both are stick, both are loaded with leather. Both appear to be the same shade of red. The 98 has black interior and the 99 tan. Same price, same mileage. Which way should I go?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know your asperations or your pocketbook, but i'd say the 99 if it's up to par. If you want a S/C and a car that's had a S/C on it for awhile and driven by someone who put it on there for a reason then buy the 98 which is a great car. But if you want a blank canvas you can make your own car out of get the 99 as long as the price is low enough.

The third option I have is a 96 Cobra, I love thoes cars. It is white with black leather. It has 126k on it and is bone stock down to the airfilter. It has some dings and paint chips but overall is in good shape. I used to have a 96 Cobra and loved it. So I will probally go with that. The upside is its cheeper than the GT's but it is 300 miles away.

Just the bolt ons till the engine blows. Ya know cold air, long tubes, x-pipe, flowmasters, tune. After I rebuild it and put in a few forged internals I will supercharge it. But before any of that I will do some suspension upgrades. The brakes I will probally just do cross drilled rotors, braided lines and good pads. I know what works good on Foxes, does it all carry over to SN95? Besides the obvious engine stuff, arnt the chasis basically the same?