Camaro

sacrstang

Mar 30, 2005
Hey I found a pretty good design work done for the camaro. The reason I post this would you guys like to see this car on the road ? It does hint of our 05 models but it is a Camaro and I think it would make for the war to continue between the pony and the comrad. The people who designed the GTO and the Chuger I mean the Charger should have hired this kid to design the exterior of their cars. Here is the link.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/

• Sponsors (?)

Well thanks! :lol:

I started work on that a while before the 05 concept came out, and was actually kind of influenced by the idea of the SSR.

Go figure a few years later, I own an 05 GT. :D

Kris

KrisHorton said:
Well thanks! :lol:

I started work on that a while before the 05 concept came out, and was actually kind of influenced by the idea of the SSR.

Go figure a few years later, I own an 05 GT. :D

Kris

Is that you ? really thats pretty good work even if it is a camaro :D . Is the program you used to do that available in stores ? I would think a car company could have a guy like you on their design teams. The orange is a nice look for that model.

Not to throw hate of course, just that this is SOOOOOO old. Let the others flaming commence... If I were you, I would delete the thread and hope not much notice... Don't say I didnt tell you so...

:)

*Puts on heat shield clothing and mask*

Mickey21 said:
Not to throw hate of course, just that this is SOOOOOO old. Let the others flaming commence... If I were you, I would delete the thread and hope not much notice... Don't say I didnt tell you so...

:)

*Puts on heat shield clothing and mask*

let em flame they are only words. I drive a mustang everyday so they could hate on it all they want. The kid did super art work. Me being a mustang owner does not mean I should dislike other cars. I'm not part of that scene. So bring em on.

Yeah, Kris did a great job on that.

And...I do believe he did go for an interview (or something) with GM not too long ago. I don't know what happened after that though...[shhhh]he's probably working on the 5th gen right now, just can't talk about it or else the black Suburban's will show up outside his house and we'll never see or hear from him again.[/shhhh]

sacrstang said:
let em flame they are only words. I drive a mustang everyday so they could hate on it all they want. The kid did super art work. Me being a mustang owner does not mean I should dislike other cars. I'm not part of that scene. So bring em on.

I don't think he was saying you will get flamed for liking the looks of the drawing, but for how old the pic is and how many times it has been discussed on this board and others. Don't fret though, someone posts this pic up every few weeks.

It does look good though. :nice:
Personally, I'd like to see GM come out with a car that does not look like poo. It's been all down hill since the Aztec.

Yeah, it's getting old in a way, but I always smile when it's posted again. I guess it's good enough to still create a stir 2 years after it was published! Or at least controversial enough...

Kris

Yes, xlnt work Kris. And you did that as a teenager? GM needs you!

It would be great if GM made a new Camaro. With the 400hp LS2 V8, it would push Ford to put more hp in the Mustang GT. But GM is all messed up. They see the new Mustang is selling great, with no competition at $25K V8 rwd. So what is GM going to do?

Aug issue of Road&Track shows illustrations of a new Camaro with hopeful scenarios of an '07 intro. But Aug Motor Trend says a new Camaro, Chevelle, etc are dead. Instead, GM is set to intro the Miata-wannabe Pontiac Solstice... there's a guaranteed turkey.

The only thing I see that Ford did wrong with the new Mustang is, they just couldn't make enough of them!

Latest rumor is that the next Camaro will be built of the same Miata wanna be platform that GM is using for the Soltice.

A new 4 cyl Camaro will really perk up the GM loyalests.

351CJ said:
Latest rumor is that the next Camaro will be built of the same Miata wanna be platform that GM is using for the Soltice.

That'll actually compell me to buy ANOTHER Mustang, just in spite of GM.

Kris

351CJ said:

I haven't heard this, but if it's true, GM officially looses it's right to make muscle cars ever again.

New Camaro

sacrstang said:
Hey I found a pretty good design work done for the camaro. The reason I post this would you guys like to see this car on the road ? It does hint of our 05 models but it is a Camaro and I think it would make for the war to continue between the pony and the comrad. The people who designed the GTO and the Chuger I mean the Charger should have hired this kid to design the exterior of their cars. Here is the link.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/

That's an awesome design. :nice:

But since it's so cool, it'll never get built by GM. That company is a straight-up dinosaur. Maybe some other automaker can buy the rights to the Camaro name/heritage and produce something like this, but not GM.

I love the Mustang, but it'd be great if there were at least some competition. Right now, I can't see any.

Aztec

SP_51-F1 said:
I don't think he was saying you will get flamed for liking the looks of the drawing, but for how old the pic is and how many times it has been discussed on this board and others. Don't fret though, someone posts this pic up every few weeks.

It does look good though. :nice:
Personally, I'd like to see GM come out with a car that does not look like poo. It's been all down hill since the Aztec.

Uh, yeah. The Aztec has to be the worse-looking car I've ever seen. It's the kind of design that, when you see it on the road, you just kind of go "Huh?"! :notnice:

What, in god's name, were they smokin' when they put that one out? :shrug:

The Mustang exists today only because of the Mustang II. Let's remember that.
Back to the main point of this thread, I'm glad Kris is a Ford man now. Let's see some Mustang designs from him.