Cams and Kenne Bell

Nitrous2V

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2002
Conway, AR
Any recommendations on what is the best cam to use with a Kenne Bell set up? I just read the article in Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords with the cam from Anderson Ford Motorsport F-42 which produced a peak of 59HP. This was on a Procharger installation and was wondering if the same outcome would be for a Kenne Bell? Is it worth it? The installation seems easy enough. Please advise.
This installation would be on a 2000 GT w/Kenne Bell supercharger @ 11psi, manual transmission and 3.73 gears.

• Sponsors (?)

Better not do it on the stock short block...a stocker isnt going to support 450+RWHP very long :D Some have been a while @ 450, but in reality its a ticking time bomb.
What you could do is buy the cams and back off to 9#s....try and keep the RWHP @ 420 or under.

Crower Stage 2 Blower cams. Mine are amazing, I love them, even N/A they are awesome. I haven't been able to get into them real hard since the blower install but they are better than VT's. I've owned both.

Anderson Ford Motorsport makes awsome products I also read that article.....I am going to be buying the 9# pulley and intercooler soon for my Gt....and thought about doing the anderson cams....but anything really more then 400rwhp....your just going to be waiting for it to go boom....not to mention I would suggest calling or writing to kenne bell and make sure the bap....will supply enough fuel when the cams add the extra hp...I will prob just wait on cams and heads until I do a forged block then the only problem is the 1.7 wont get u past 500hp...so maybe then it will be bigger blower time......good luck with your car