Car Lovers inside

RealQuick

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
MA
I have been on this site for awhile and know there are fbody guys here and some mustang guys that just like cars (despite the brand). I thought I would post this. I am about to start my 383 LT1 buildup with forged internals. I am going to be running my S Trim with 14-15psi and alky kit. I am also going to be running a custom cam that will pass emissions and still produce huge gobs of hp with the S/C. The cam designer used his engine/dyno analysis software (which is within 1% of his realworld results) and simulated my combo. His results are very exciting:

681hp@ 5750rpm / 704lb-ft @ 4750rpm.

It is not a high revver, but will spin past 6k if i want. Power at 6k is only 3hp less than @ peak. These numebrs are all flywheel ratings. I am very excited and should expect with 620rwhp/640rwtq or so with a good tune. Its funny how you budget for a project, but it turns out costing twice the budget! My wife hates my car :) I hope to have this thing running for next spring, since I am only allowed to spend so much money at a time ;) So if anyone in MA sees a white Z28 next spring, be careful cuz it could be me :) I shall no longer fear Kenbelle cobras or ford GT's ... j/k. Later.

• Sponsors (?)

That is great RealQuick. Ive always loved your car. Good luck with the buildup and feel free to post some pix as well. That thing is gonna be a monster when your done. Quick question, isnt the Strim a little too small for that big motor and all that power?

5.0's 4 ever said:
That sounds like one sick combo :nice:
What are you expecting to be running in the 1/4 once it is all done?

Thanks dude. I dunno, the stock 10 bolt is gonna hold me back on the launch and will probably blow up as soon as I mash the gas. I would say babying it off the line, 11.5 @ 133mph or so. It also depends if I have to shift into 5th (which I think i will).

RydeOn said:
That is great RealQuick. Ive always loved your car. Good luck with the buildup and feel free to post some pix as well. That thing is gonna be a monster when your done. Quick question, isnt the Strim a little too small for that big motor and all that power?

Thanks bro. Your are right about the S Trim being small. The only good thing is it spools quick. By 4700rpm I am at 14psi. I will upgrade later, but for now it is the blower I had in my garage. I need to allocate cash to other parts (cage, clutch, etc.). I'll keep ya posted.