Cold Air Intakes

I am driving an 05 mustang v6 and miles are 174500 miles and was wondering if putting a jlt cai with bama tune would be a waste? Car is stock only thing done is a str8 pipe with 3 1/2inch tip. The car runs like a champ but was wondering if I should just wait since I plan to rebuild once motor gives out

• Sponsors (?)

I got a quote of $700 for just a dyno tune. The intake would be separate.

Screw that. Find someone that will do a package deal.

Do you already own the intake or do you still have to get it?

If you don't already have it, getting it through the folks that will do the install helps them out a little and might help the bottom line for you.

Hey guys. I just posted in the Welcome Wagon, as I'm brand new to this site.. but I was interested in reading what you all posted because my Airaid intake arrives today and I'm super excited, but I know I'm not going to feel much of a difference until I get that tuner (Bama is what hubs and I think we want to get.. any suggestions?). I already have a magnaflow axle back exhaust that i put on last year this time, so I love the sound but seeing as it's an S197 it still doesn't exactly have the kick that I know it can ;)

(I have a 2014 charcoal grey v6)
Besides what skyline247 said above, if you plan on installing the CAI before tuning make sure you leave in the restricter tube, Airaid calls it a Modular Venturi tube. Running the CAI without the tube and with the stock tune will cause a lean condition which can lead to internal engine damage.

I got my JLT CAI and tune for my 08' Bullitt from Brenspeed as I had also purchased their Detroit Rockers camshafts, Ford Racing Intake and GT 500 T-body and figured that they had done this same build a few hundred times and would have the tune fairly well sorted. I am not disappointed, car fired and idled right off and has excellent throttle response and driveability. Makes real good power. Very happy with the tune and service from them.

boost%20contol%20004_zpsoidu1nsr.jpg