ExCon Is Now Transmitting: American Cars Suck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alamo said:
I have no clue who ExCon is or anyone else on this forum so I assuming this is a waste of my time.

No clue? Hmm... I suspect thats the general perception of ole EXCON... someone who liked to hear himself talk and who has little or no clue!! LOL

But, on the other hand, reading his pointless egotistical dribble is much more entertaining than the never ending n00b posts of what car should I buy or which mod should I make. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

:eek: HEY EXCON!!!!! Welcome to Florida. Now GO HOME!!!!!! :chair:
:p :fuss:
I am glad to hear your trip went safely..
:nono: but really us hillbillies dont need anymore yankees from jersey :nonono: :jester:
i thought you bought the leather seats??
how many tanks of gas did you use??
ohh how many hillbillies have asked you to spin the tires and ask if that there car is fast???
missed you man...............

Excon I have to say I am impressed. Not only are you the only one here who knows what a REAL PERFORMNCE is car, now it turns out you are physic. You must be, how else could you know that the Porsche Boxster is a superior performance car to the new GT500 , without ever having driven the new GT500? In fact no one has, sicne it is not in production yet. The only explaination is that you have physic powers.

SVT Pilot, I would I need to be psychic if they reissued the Ford Maverick with a big motor in it in order to definitively state that it will be a inferior car as compared to one of the finest cars ever dreamed of and designed? The Porsche 911 is a TRUE legend. No Mustang 2's in its past. Nothing but the finest engineering that German had to offer at an given time in its life. The neW GT 500 will certinly be a great car but I for one think that at the 40K mark you have the option of buying a great pre owned Performance car that in trms of handling and OVERALL performance will eat The GT 500 for breakfast. The GT 500 will be LOVED by hillbilly quarter milers but at 40K alot more college educated people will opt for a better car. BTW: already hear the howls about the "college educated" quote. Unfortunately the fact is that people who buy US Built automobiles tend to not have a college education. There was a very large article regarding who buys what several years back in one of the magazines and college educated people tended to purchase German and Japanese cars. Remember I also have Met ALOT OF IDIOTS who are college educated. SVT, one last thing, have you ever driven the 911? It is an experience among itself. There are no other cars like it. I owned the last air cooled 911 and it was truly the most awesome sports car I ever owned. On the other hand if I were offered it right now for my Mustang would I take it? NO Simply because it does not fit my needs. The Mustang GT Convertible is PERFECT for touring the highways of Florida where razor sharp handling is a total waste. I se 911's on the Florid highways an thin "God what a waste of a sports car" Floridis truly hillbilly performance heaven! Nothing but straight roads and nothing to challenge the true handling charateristics of any automobile!! SVT: I think your one of the decent guys here even with that corny SVT name!!

ExCon said:
Hey Meat! Love that name!, now as for a 330 not being able to hold a candle to a Mustang in terms of performance you are 100 percent correct IF YOU ARE TALKING IN TERMS OF HILLBILLY PERFORMANCE!! If you want to talk about TRUE performance then its another story my friend! Unfortunately most people who own Mustangs think that any car is a performance car simply because it can go fast from point A to point B. This "Hillbilly Performance Mentality" seems to permeate this board. An accurate description for a Performance Automobile has alot more to do with the following: HANDLING, ERGONOMICS, TORQUE and HP, APPEARANCE, COMFORT, and many other factors that when combined properly provide something that cannot be measured simply by providing a good "Hillbilly Quarter Mile Time Slip" or a JD Powers rating, or a high "skidpad number". A fine automobile does NOT have to have 300 HP or hit 11.5 in the quater mile. A TRUE PERFORMANCE automobile has much more than that. Cae in point is the Boxster S which certainly hyas nowhere near the torqu and HP of a Mustang or a Corvette yet most car afficianado would agree that the Boxster S is a superior automobile. A Boxster S is a far superior car to the GT 500. Now lets discuss HILLBILLY PERFORMANCE MENTALITY: In these terms ANY CAR thats faster is better. A GT 500 would therefore be a superior automobile in comparison to several Porsches including the 911 Carrera. It is truly a sad state of affairs when someone thinks that a Shelby GT 500 is a better car than a 911 or a Boxster S. A Mustang is a very crude powerful car thats great for what it is but to compare ANY Mustang to finely engineered cars like a BMW 330 or ANY Porsche is completely ridiculous. Why didn't I buy a BMW or Audi Convertible? PRICE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Germans make the finest automobiles in the world but they also are extremely expensive. The Mustang GT Convertible is a FANTASTIC automobile for what it is. A powerful and relatively crude car. Attractive, fairly comfortable, handling is great for a touring car but falls far short in comparison to A 3 Series or any Porsche. I bought the cr for driving the roads of Florida so I don't miss the razor sharp superior handling characteristics of German cars. The Mustang excels in Torque and HP, Great looks and also is a fairly practical car. Would I buy another Mustang GT Convertible? DEFINATELY! Can it be compared to cars like the boxster and the 3 Series BMW's? Of course not unless you are thinking in terms of HILLBILLY PERFORMANCE!!

I will admit my BMW 330i could not take the Mustang GT in the ¼ mile but if you are comparing the handling (diving into corners at high speed, stopping, turning, etc…) the Mustang could not keep up. If you want to bring in the New Shelby Cobra, then the BMW has the M class to contend with. Also, German cars are made for touring therefore you don’t get fatigue driving them for long distanced (the seats are firm). Many people I know say I’m nuts giving up my 330i for a Mustang but the 2005 brings me back when I was a young boy driving in my uncle's 1970 March I. :shrug: Once I get one, it will be more of a hobby for me to add thing to it.

GTJade said:
Hot? Perhaps...well, yes - quite. But don't let your little mind wander too much - you wouldn't like my kind of "orders". Not to worry about me consorting w/you - the community will consider my efforts at promoting positive change in you a service to us all.

Now - let's see about this "reeducating" (yours). Let's start with a referral for some nice cognitive/behavioral therapy. Forget AA, btw. You'll undoubtedly offend those Flawda "rednecks" and end up with a keyed stang.

Okay. Now we should move on to address your penchant for inflammatory, extreme language directed at our beloved '05 stang. Now, repeat after me - say "rustic" leather vs. vinyl. And how about "mediocre" Shaker sound vs. skanker. Baby steps....you can do it. :nice:

I'm new here and I already like it. :nice:

Alamo, you at least have the knowledge of having owned a 3 series. These guys think I am crazy when I tell them how far superior a BMW 3 Series is in terms of handling over the Mustang. The problem is none of these guys EVER DROVE OR OWNED a BMW. You know what I am tlking about. The razor sharp handling that comes with German engineering. Don't ask me how they do it but they do. I love my Mustang and like it mor every day but I am lucid enough to know that its still a Mustang and will always be one. A Mustang will NEVER be in the same league as a BMW nor should it be. Its a totally different car.

martimus said:
No clue? Hmm... I suspect thats the general perception of ole EXCON... someone who liked to hear himself talk and who has little or no clue!! LOL

But, on the other hand, reading his pointless egotistical dribble is much more entertaining than the never ending n00b posts of what car should I buy or which mod should I make. :bang:

Thanks but I'll judge him for myself. I have an affinity towards people that say what they believe or feel.

ExCon said:
Alamo, you at least have the knowledge of having owned a 3 series. These guys think I am crazy when I tell them how far superior a BMW 3 Series is in terms of handling over the Mustang. The problem is none of these guys EVER DROVE OR OWNED a BMW. You know what I am tlking about. The razor sharp handling that comes with German engineering. Don't ask me how they do it but they do. I love my Mustang and like it mor every day but I am lucid enough to know that its still a Mustang and will always be one. A Mustang will NEVER be in the same league as a BMW nor should it be. Its a totally different car.

It is apples to oranges. BMW does handle very sharp right out of the box (no after market upgrades are needed). BMW designs their cars with safety in mind and also dials in a lot of feedback from the road. Mercedes on the other hand is going the other direction as far as dialing in road feedback. They are actually going with drive-by-wire (like a fighter jet).
Witht hat said, I still am selling my "Ultimate Driving Machine" and getting Yankee Muscle :flag:

ExCon said:
Hey Meat! Love that name!, now as for a 330 not being able to hold a candle to a Mustang in terms of performance you are 100 percent correct IF YOU ARE TALKING IN TERMS OF HILLBILLY PERFORMANCE!! If you want to talk about TRUE performance then its another story my friend! Unfortunately most people who own Mustangs think that any car is a performance car simply because it can go fast from point A to point B. This "Hillbilly Performance Mentality" seems to permeate this board. An accurate description for a Performance Automobile has alot more to do with the following: HANDLING, ERGONOMICS, TORQUE and HP, APPEARANCE, COMFORT, and many other factors that when combined properly provide something that cannot be measured simply by providing a good "Hillbilly Quarter Mile Time Slip" or a JD Powers rating, or a high "skidpad number". A fine automobile does NOT have to have 300 HP or hit 11.5 in the quater mile. A TRUE PERFORMANCE automobile has much more than that. Cae in point is the Boxster S which certainly hyas nowhere near the torqu and HP of a Mustang or a Corvette yet most car afficianado would agree that the Boxster S is a superior automobile. A Boxster S is a far superior car to the GT 500. Now lets discuss HILLBILLY PERFORMANCE MENTALITY: In these terms ANY CAR thats faster is better. A GT 500 would therefore be a superior automobile in comparison to several Porsches including the 911 Carrera. It is truly a sad state of affairs when someone thinks that a Shelby GT 500 is a better car than a 911 or a Boxster S. A Mustang is a very crude powerful car thats great for what it is but to compare ANY Mustang to finely engineered cars like a BMW 330 or ANY Porsche is completely ridiculous. Why didn't I buy a BMW or Audi Convertible? PRICE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Germans make the finest automobiles in the world but they also are extremely expensive. The Mustang GT Convertible is a FANTASTIC automobile for what it is. A powerful and relatively crude car. Attractive, fairly comfortable, handling is great for a touring car but falls far short in comparison to A 3 Series or any Porsche. I bought the cr for driving the roads of Florida so I don't miss the razor sharp superior handling characteristics of German cars. The Mustang excels in Torque and HP, Great looks and also is a fairly practical car. Would I buy another Mustang GT Convertible? DEFINATELY! Can it be compared to cars like the boxster and the 3 Series BMW's? Of course not unless you are thinking in terms of HILLBILLY PERFORMANCE!!

Well I guess Im a "Hillbilly" then!

Meat

ExCon said:
Yes Ladies and Gentlemen I have arrived in Florida!! I just couldn't let you down and tell you anything less!! Believe it or not my Mustang did not break down and I have almost 5k on the clock. (lets not forget it broke down at 41 miles) Driving a US built car to Florida from NJ is a scary thing! And here is my first complaint of the new "season". The seats in this car really blow!! After driving for several hours the support in the drivers seat is so lousy that my back was killing me. I still love the car but the seats and especially that 2 dollar "Skanker" stereo really suck!! The hillbillies down here LOVE Mustangs and constantly ask me dumb ass questions. "Hey Mister is that one of those new Mustangs?" or " Where do you spit your tobacco juice? those tan carpets will stain powerful quick" Ah the American car owners experience, where every idiot with no teeth and a trailer LOVES your car and HATES those fancy German Poorshes and BNWS!!! GOOD TO BE BACK ALL YOU LOSERS!!
:lol: That's pretty funny. I've lived in FL for ages and sure know some people here aren't very bright. I must defend one thing though... You won't likely ever meet a redneck who doesn't already know what a Mustang looks like. To them, it's second only to the Camaro if any car at all.

Anyone moving to FL these days without having secured a job paying well over $100,000 per year, or being retired with means of paying too much for just about everything, is making a big mistake moving here. There are so many "damn Yankees" here already, it's drained the IQ average of the entire state as it is. Don't believe me, just ask around! :rlaugh:

ExCon said:
Alamo, you at least have the knowledge of having owned a 3 series. These guys think I am crazy when I tell them how far superior a BMW 3 Series is in terms of handling over the Mustang.

Listen Excon, I get a laugh at your posts and don't take you seriously 90% of the time, but dude this is untrue. Nobody has ever argued that. And for that matter, I can't recall BMW's period coming up very often in your attacks.

Oh for the record, let me dad drive my car last night. He's owned 3 BMW's, a '58 Vette (yeah in 1959) a 911, an RX-7, a Lexus GS 400 (2 of them), an SC 400, an SC 430 (my mom's car), and currently has a Mercedes C 32, and he was surprised how tight and well the Stang handled. He said it was also a lot more fun to drive than his Mercedes, and a huge step up from my '01. So to each his own.

Sure, he complains alot. In this thread alone it's been too much to call average. On the other hand, he's the kind of guy you laugh with, OR at and be content with yourself because you know darned well, he won't. Think about it folks, would a guy who could AFFORD a Porsche 911 even start looking at the MustsangGT? I'm convinced not. Living in FL for so many years has given me the chance to notice that the rich not only get richer, they buy expensive cars too. The Porsche dealership in WPB sits near a Buick dealership. People leaving that Buick dealership often go to the Porsche dealer next, or at least the BMW side. People going to Porsche don't. It's not because they won't find a better car(they won't) but because they won't spend so little.

I like Porsches, but anyone who thinks the BOXSTER is worthy like a 911 has no idea. Further, the Boxster hasn't a prayer in ANY kind of race against nearly any Shelby car ever made. Heck, it can't even keep up well with the GLHS he did for Dodge! :p I'd be shocked to see anyone racing a Shelby Cobra against one. I don't think that Porsche driver would be so brave. The Boxtser is to 911 what Impala SS is to Corvette ZO6. Any avid Porsche fan kows this.

Btw, the "M3"(5 is huge and heavy) won't likely touch the new Shelby Cobra. It can't even beat the '04 Cobra, which has nearly 100 less hp and completely inferiror handling aside from IRS.
Question, is the M series made this year?

Now HERE is exactly what I am talking about. Someone comparing a Cobra to an M3. This is probably the most ridiculous comparison yet. I owned an M3 so unlike most people who "compare" cars at least I owned the cars that I am comparing. Anyone who thinks a Cobra has ANYTHING at all to do with an M3 needs to go back to Tonka trucks.

ExCon said:
SVT Pilot, I would I need to be psychic if they reissued the Ford Maverick with a big motor in it in order to definitively state that it will be a inferior car as compared to one of the finest cars ever dreamed of and designed? The Porsche 911 is a TRUE legend. No Mustang 2's in its past. Nothing but the finest engineering that German had to offer at an given time in its life. The neW GT 500 will certinly be a great car but I for one think that at the 40K mark you have the option of buying a great pre owned Performance car that in trms of handling and OVERALL performance will eat The GT 500 for breakfast. The GT 500 will be LOVED by hillbilly quarter milers but at 40K alot more college educated people will opt for a better car. BTW: already hear the howls about the "college educated" quote. Unfortunately the fact is that people who buy US Built automobiles tend to not have a college education. There was a very large article regarding who buys what several years back in one of the magazines and college educated people tended to purchase German and Japanese cars. Remember I also have Met ALOT OF IDIOTS who are college educated. SVT, one last thing, have you ever driven the 911? It is an experience among itself. There are no other cars like it. I owned the last air cooled 911 and it was truly the most awesome sports car I ever owned. On the other hand if I were offered it right now for my Mustang would I take it? NO Simply because it does not fit my needs. The Mustang GT Convertible is PERFECT for touring the highways of Florida where razor sharp handling is a total waste. I se 911's on the Florid highways an thin "God what a waste of a sports car" Floridis truly hillbilly performance heaven! Nothing but straight roads and nothing to challenge the true handling charateristics of any automobile!! SVT: I think your one of the decent guys here even with that corny SVT name!!

Well first off I was not comparing the new GT500 to a 911 I was comparing to a Boxster as you did. and yes I have driven a 911. But again there is no way that at this time you can say that the GT500 will not (using your criteria)be a superior performance car to the Boxster. The GT500 is not in production yet, you have no way of knowing how well or not it will perform. I am talking about all areas not just acceleration. For example 2000 SVT Cobra R pulled 1 g on the skid pad on street tires. That car use the Fox based SN95 chassis. Is it unreasonable to expect equal road holding ability form the new GT 500 which uses a far superior chassis? I don't think it is.
By the way that comment not having Mustang IIs in its past. Well how about those 914s and 924s. Now those were a pair of winners.

ExCon said:
Now HERE is exactly what I am talking about. Someone comparing a Cobra to an M3. This is probably the most ridiculous comparison yet. I owned an M3 so unlike most people who "compare" cars at least I owned the cars that I am comparing. Anyone who thinks a Cobra has ANYTHING at all to do with an M3 needs to go back to Tonka trucks.
Coming from the guy who said the Boxtser is superior to a Corvette, what else would I have expected. :rolleyes:
See, you owned an M3(I think you're lying- for the record) but you DIDN'T own a Cobra. Do yourself a favor. Close the flytrap you call a mouth.

The M3 handles fine. A former g/f of mine had/has a 2001 model and I really liked it. That said, you're completely lost if you can't understand that the Cobra is superior in performance. Own a Cobra AND an M3 at the same time, then talk about it. The guy who bought a $30,000 Mustang isn't going to have me believe he's owned Porsche's or M3's that typically cost 50K or more, AFTER he's told me he purchased the Mustang because of it's price. :nice:

I think you are a ****ing idiot and wish your computer would explode so we wouldn't have to read your dumb ass comments about Mustangs. There is nothing wrong with the seats in these cars. Have you ever rode in a Porsche or Ferrari? That is what you call MAJOR discomfort! You are a waste of bandwidth. Just go back to your overpriced "luxury performance" cars and give us a break. I think you are a ****ing whinny ass baby, that is in desperate need of attention for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.