ExCon Is Now Transmitting: American Cars Suck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fivepointer, just an FYI: Germans were making high performance sports cars when Ford and GM were trading coconuts in Harlem. Your "high performance FORD GT is NOTHING when you compare it to German Engineering. Take the SL 65 AMG 604 HP 738 FT LBS TORQUE AT 2000 RPM TWIN TURBO V12 MOTOR Lets see ANY US Manufacturer even TRY to build a car like the Germans do. This car will outperform anything America has to offer and do it in STYLE. Maybe one day you will be fortunate enough to own a true high performance automobile. I have owned several in the past and I have been quite fortunate to have experienced them.Until then my friend you will continue to base your observations on a relatively crude automobile, namely the Ford Mustang. Since you have never owned a high performance German automobile you just have no clue whatsoever. Within the past 5 years US car ompanies have finally begun to build acceptable cars. The Cadillac STS, the Chrysler 300, The new Corvette, The new Mustang. All far better cars compared to what they have put out in the last 25-30 years of medoicre trash cars. Can any of these US Built cars compare to German Engineered automobiles? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. I also realize that in order to own a high end German automobile your gonna drop ALOT OF CASH. Best bang for your buck? US Built Corvette, Mustang etc. BEST CARS? GERMANY ALL THE WAY!!

• Sponsors (?)

Excon, I find you an amusing and sometimes interesting fellow to read most times. However, your reference to certain people (of a whole state?) as hillbillies who barely know what a new Mustang is, and insulting most people on this board is a bit offensive. One person here commented that you standing up against so many other people is commendable, and if you had been attacked in the first place, I would agree. However, 'tact' and 'grace' are two things that are in short supply these days. And to another lady posting on here; just because people are trying to get along, while gathering and sharing information, this does not make them 'butt kissers'. If they are, I'd rather deal with butt kissers than a blunt talker who doesn't give a rat's behind about other people's feelings. :(

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to get on my high horse there.... I don't doubt that many European autos are of superior quality in many ways. But for an ole Okie hick like myself, there is a lot of power in that there car for the price, I tell ya! :D

Sometimes I must laugh at what others deem inadequate. For the record, the Ford GT flatly SMASHES :chair: the AMG SL65 in EVERY performance test known to mankind, save claimed hp and torque and possibly skidpad(because that isn't published where I looked), period. It's faster, quicker, lighter, and handles better. Plus, it IS available in the USA and it DOESN'T have a 155mph speed limiter. :nice:

Less power, less torque, FAR SUPERIOR on track performance. But that's what it's made for, and all for about $40,000(or 1 Mustang Cobra) less money. :D It's not about STYLE, it's about performance. In this category, all AMG offerings fall to the wayside IMMEDIATELY!

Wake up and get a clue. :flag:

Status
Not open for further replies.