Finishing Touches On Sc V2 Install

• Sponsors (?)

Can I get some opinions @TOOLOW91 and anyone else?

Should i got to a 255lph pump and hope that corrects the issue or should I just suck it up and buy the hanger and run larger lines to the stock rails?
340 Aeromotive intank. I know guys who have made 500 at tire on stock lines and rails . I don’t know how it’d be too much I never had an issue with mine returning or anything .

Yeah I've heard the same but I've also heard of people saying its just too much pump.

Car's been at the tuners for 2 weeks now and its starting to get expensive..we've changed the MAF and regulator. He really wants to put an a hanger and run new lines because he thinks its just too much pump for that return line.

I think it might be cheaper to just throw a 255 in and hope for the best but I also don't want to be in the same situation.

Yeah I've heard the same but I've also heard of people saying its just too much pump.

Car's been at the tuners for 2 weeks now and its starting to get expensive..we've changed the MAF and regulator. He really wants to put an a hanger and run new lines because he thinks its just too much pump for that return line.

I think it might be cheaper to just throw a 255 in and hope for the best but I also don't want to be in the same situation.
I vote putting in a 255 pump in the car. If you were going to exceeding the 500 rwhp level then I think something different

You guys rock...I just told the tuner to throw a 255lph Wallboro in it and hopefully this solves my issue.

Can't really afford a hanger, lines and rails right now. Last pull with the larger pulley was 445hp 444tq.

Heck man, youre already over my 425-440 guess. Hopefully the smaller fuel pump fixes the problem and you can see what its fully capable of. Sounds like 450 at the wheels could be your daily driving tune in the end, which is bad ass.

Reactions: 1 user
I really REALLY hope this smaller pump corrects it.

I had a 3.12 on it before making 15lbs of boost at the tuner...he picked up around 420rwhp but it was running with a cracked spark plug so on 7 cylinders. He changed the plugs and we put a 3.33 on it - made 472rwhp without any timing @ 12lbs of boost. We put a 3.47 on it and it made 445rwhp without any timing but was still leaning out.

I just want the car back and able to drive it LOL.

Just had a good chat with the tuner...he convinced me to put a hanger and run new lines to the stock rails.

It will be a couple hundred more than switching pumps but he’s afraid I’ll be pushing the 255 to the max and won’t have any room for growth. The last thing I want to do is switch pumps and run into the same issue...

Atleast this is a start towards a new system...

I’m hoping as well...I figure if it is the pump flowing too much that atleast the pro M hanger will prevent any of the aeration.

If it doesn’t work then I’m not going to be pleased.

I hope he gets it straightened out for you soon.

It sucks having a car sitting at someone's shop.

I may tip toe over 500hp with my car.... makes me feel like i should've upgraded my fuel rails. So far all seems well with my 340lph. I'm also not tuned and not running any boost. The 2lbs doesn't really count lol.

Frustrating would be an understatement. Hangers a week away so cars just sitting...baffling that I’m having these issues when last pulley had it making 445.

Might just tell him to atleast try a 255lph while we wait for the hanger.

The aeration comes from the return line ensuing above the fuel level in the tank, correct ?

I've seen guys run metal brake line from the bottom of the return line further into the tank. This may have been an old school fix for what you're describing.

The other issue I've seen is fuel actually heating up and causing issues. It circulates so fast that it raises the temp of the gas in the tank. Don't know if that would cause an aeration issue.

They could try extending the return tube.... but you'd be spending all that labor money maybe twice. If you do the hanger, pump, and lines ya won't have to worry about it ever again.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well..no point in risking the 255lph since I’m already committed to hanger.

Basically car leans out @ 5500 rpms. AFR goes from a nice 11.5 to 12.3-12.5. We’ve swapped MAF and regulator and now he’s convinced that it’s that quarter inch return line causing aeration with the big 340 lph pump.

We’re putting the pro M in and running new lines to the stock rails hoping that corrects the problem...

He called me this morning and told me he has a spare 255 laying around. It’s only 1hr labor so I told him to throw it in and see what happens.

I can get out of the hanger deal if it does work