Foxbody 15x10 wheel fitment with sn95 axles

Buzzie

Aug 10, 2017
Ive recently got tricked into turning my project car into more of a drag car and need help finding wheels that will fit a 26x11.50. Im going to be running a upr rear suspension kit deleting my quad shocks but i cant figure out what offest and backspacing i need for a 15x10 wheel to fit with sn95 axles and brakes. Ive seen other threads about this but they had stock length axles. I know some wheel kits from lmr can fit with stock length axles but the sn95 axles will have me .75in wider on each side. If anyone could help me that would be very appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

First off if that is truly a 11.5" wide tire it will never fit. I run some 27" Hoosiers on a 10" rim, of course I'm doing it with stock length axles and 6.5" offset rims. Which fit perfect on my car it's tight inside and out. I think you can only go to 5.5" maybe some companies offer a 6" offset? If they did offer 6" I would go that and add a shim if you have to.

First off if that is truly a 11.5" wide tire it will never fit. I run some 27" Hoosiers on a 10" rim, of course I'm doing it with stock length axles and 6.5" offset rims. Which fit perfect on my car it's tight inside and out. I think you can only go to 5.5" maybe some companies offer a 6" offset? If they did offer 6" I would go that and add a shim if you have to.
It was a typo, and ive heard some s197 wheels have enough offset to fit inside with the sn95 axles but i havent heard much else on exactly which ones, alot of previous threads are outdated

I just looked up the tire i was gonna run and its true width is a 9.9” but goes by 26x11.5r15

I'll take a shot at this, but you really should measure. And, you should square the rear, because they are often not square.

Even Street Radials from Mickey Thompson: 26x11.5 (275/50/15) ET street SS tires have a 11.1" Section width. I don't know which specific tire you're looking at, but I'm not sure I can buy a company rating their tire as an 11.5 when the section width is only 9.9. More than likely, you're referring to the tread width, but section width is more important for fitment purposes.

Regarding the SN95 rear axles, I too have heard that it lengthens each side by 3/4". Normally, the recommended back spacing for a 10" rim is 6.5". So, if you're 3/4" wider, then you should probably go with a 7.5" BS with a .25" spacer, unless you happen to be going with a rare wheel with a 7.25" BS option. You might need longer lugs for the spacer to work.

Even still, you'll have the pound the hell out of the wheel wells and roll the fenders to maximize your tire clearance. Good luck!