Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0851.JPG

What went wrong?
1 motor mount bolt has a problem
had a tuff time getting the transmission mated to the engine but got it done
got a little tuning thing to do
biggest problem I saw was trying not to eat too much tater salad and bbq!
kyle is a blast to work with, can't wait to get together again.
and I didn't even crash anything.

Reactions: 2 users
20180715_140508.jpg

Kyle on the right and JR manning the chain.

20180715_150309.jpg

Look at the crazy amount of clearance i have! That MM brace fits under the stock hood and this setup clears it with ease. This isnt installed yet but we wanted to see if it would fit

20180715_174719.jpg

Getting close to startup, getting the plumbing done for the MAF, we had to start the car on Speed Density something was wrong and the MAF was not registering. [I now know that the wiring harness was damaged at some time in the past, found it just before i came in tonight]

20180715_174726.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
What went wrong?
1 motor mount bolt has a problem
had a tuff time getting the transmission mated to the engine but got it done
got a little tuning thing to do
biggest problem I saw was trying not to eat too much tater salad and bbq!
kyle is a blast to work with, can't wait to get together again.
and I didn't even crash anything.
I think the BBQ was the highlight of the day. lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I had a great time today, I cant thank you guys enough for coming over and helping. Even if i did trick you into helping me remove the old engine block... lol.

We got a HUGE amount done and were even successful in starting the car, after a few minutes messing around with it i was able to get the car to idle along happily at 800 rpm, I will tell you this the rev limiter is not hard to find at all. One blip of the throttle and its there!

I still have to do some of the basics like check timing ect.. but other than adjusting the fuel and throttle stop the car fired under its own power in under 10 mins

There was 0, zip, zilch, nada, nothing... I mean not even a single iota of blow-by coming out of either of the open valve covers. :rock:
Gap-less rings FTW! I will never use anything else ever, I am sold on them 100%

Kyle got most of the video and pictures while i was manning the PC during the initial starts, currently waiting for the link to get the photos. He has a long drive home.

Reactions: 1 users