Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Need to clean it up a bit but...
20171120_172550.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Need to clean it up a bit but...
20171120_172550.jpg

Ok,...after due consideration...I think it'd look way better if you'd drop the yellow script. Really.
With two charge tubes going to two seperate throttle bodies, it looks like very serious business.
The stuff on the plenum box reminds me of.....

Vans.....from the 70's,....with big giant murals under the hood.
Norse%20Mythology%20%5BThe%20Twilight%20of%20the%20Gods%5D.jpg

Ok,...after due consideration...I think it'd look way better if you'd drop the yellow script. Really.
With two charge tubes going to two seperate throttle bodies, it looks like very serious business.

Ooooohhhh, that's nice! Now if the horse only had a cobra head coming out of it's mouth.......

Reactions: 1 user

No-way... I dig the Thunder Road theme.

I have been patiently putting things together, making sure I have all the bolts tight double checking things and immediately fixing leaks. It's coming together well I believe, I like the over all theme and look of the build so far. I made a small catch can out of pvc to save money, I'm tapped out on my budget for this project even though I'm making most of my parts raw materials are still expensive.
I have loaded the meth tank and can't wait to take the car out. I just need to mount the overflow tank, i believe I will mount it to either the fan shroud or next to it on the radiator. I still need a new upper radiator hose but that may have to wait. A new belt is a must as well the one on there now is missing a rib from the original shredding incident.. oops.

I plan to tune the car twice, once with no meth and very conservative timing. Then with meth and slightly aggressive timing once I see what kind of intake temps I get. With meth I think I can get away with close to full timing in boost, the only thing that will stop me is cylinder pressure at peak torque.... all this available boost and I have a stockish long block. :O_o: oh well maybe double the factory numbers will be enough.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok gents I have a question for those more knowlegable than myself...

The car idles strong but every now and then I get a low pop in the tail pipe. Seems to be running on all cylinders and happens once the car starts to come up to temp.

I am going to pull the plugs once have time and inspect them.

Ok gents I have a question for those more knowlegable than myself...

The car idles strong but every now and then I get a low pop in the tail pipe. Seems to be running on all cylinders and happens once the car starts to come up to temp.

I am going to pull the plugs once have time and inspect them.

Uhhh,..automotive indigestion? The only thing I can think of is that the car is moving unburnt fuel into the exhaust where it is cooking off, and sounding like a low pop.

Reactions: 1 user