Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Ok ok, I dont have any pictures of the actual rebuild but I do have a picture of the inlet and some tear down photos.
20180419_093817.jpg
ported inlet I cleaned and polished the inside of the case and rotors.
20180419_085456.jpg
20180419_093757.jpg
20180419_093943.jpg

Your intake being what it is, I cannot see how it would be crazy difficult to put either:

A. Install nozzle plate for a cooling shot of (you choose).
B. An after-cooler heat exchanger of some sort.
I was injecting WMETH before the blower, downside is i have to cool the entire blower housing before the effects are truly noticable on intake temps.. IE it takes ALOT of WMETH to cool this mother down, 17GPH of it.
I was thinking of do one nozzle upstream of the blower and one at the discharge/adapter plate to cool the air in the manifold.

Thoughts??

I was injecting WMETH before the blower, downside is i have to cool the entire blower housing before the effects are truly noticable on intake temps.. IE it takes ALOT of WMETH to cool this mother down, 17GPH of it.
I was thinking of do one nozzle upstream of the blower and one at the discharge/adapter plate to cool the air in the manifold.

Thoughts??
My thought is probably what you already know. The best place to inject water mist is in the space where the air charge has the most room to expand.

Putting that mixture through the rotor is not desirable for mechanical/displacement reasons and has the least effect. Remember... spraying into the blower is part of your total displacement per revolution. Spraying the inlet has more detriment than on a centrifugal that is not volume limited (velocity increases).

My thought is probably what you already know. The best place to inject water mist is in the space where the air charge has the most room to expand.

Putting that mixture through the rotor is not desirable for mechanical/displacement reasons and has the least effect. Remember... spraying into the blower is part of your total displacement per revolution. Spraying the inlet has more detriment than on a centrifugal that is not volume limited (velocity increases).
Geez Noobz, you sounded like Professor Proton for a minute there.

I agree with Noobs that it would be best to put a spacer between the blower and the lower intake and spray after the blower. Its probably not a good thing to be spraying into the blower anyways, and also using the benefits of the boosted pressure to distribute the mixture better anyways.

I do see where you are going with this, being a PD pump i effectively loosing displacement but how much???
17GPH
7.4805 gallons in a ft3
1728 in3/ft3
(17GPH)/7.4805G/FT3= 2.27FT3/H (2.27FT3/H)1728in3/ft3= 3927in3/h
now that we have GPH converted into CI per H lets make it CI per minute
(3927in3/h)/60=65.45in3/M This is my loss in CID per minute
The M112 moves 112 CID per revolution lets use the 2.13 ratio i was driving it at..... lets say 4krpm
4000rpm(2.13)(112CID)= 954240 CID/M
lets measure the loss in a %
65/954249=.000068(100)=.0068% loss in displacement.

NEGLIGIBLE

I will however go with conventional wisdom and move at least one of the nozzles downstream of the blower.

Geez Noobz, you sounded like Professor Proton for a minute there.
Its all about the Q value Dave.... Q= vA
Q= flow rate
v= velocity
A= cross sectional area

The WMETH in this case is NOT compressible so it lowers the A value, since a blower is limited to its own displacement relative to the speed it is spinning the velocity is fixed for this equation.

Perhaps but measurable and only one portion of the reason to place it after the discharge port.
Agreed i was only attempting to quantify the pumping loss, i think the above idea of a spacer to mount the nozzles in will be the fix for this, that is if the spacer does not push the blower pulley into the hood, that is my main concern. I dont think i have a half inch to spare for a spacer.

hmmmm....... let me do some measuring i may be able to drill a very small through hole in the adapter plate then cross drill and tap the plate to install the nozzles inside the plenum.... I wish the nozzles were not so expensive i would order 4 low flow ones to give me better distribution. I currently have 2 10GPH and 1 7GPH nozzle in my possession.

hmmmm....... let me do some measuring i may be able to drill a very small through hole in the adapter plate then cross drill and tap the plate to install the nozzles inside the plenum.... I wish the nozzles were not so expensive i would order 4 low flow ones to give me better distribution. I currently have 2 10GPH and 1 7GPH nozzle in my possession.
Checkout supply houses for agricultural equipment. Spay bar type sprayers and nozzles are very common with farm equipment.

I have an idea, I have plenty of space in the flange on the blower outlet let's say I tap a 1/8npt into each side of this across from each other and use the nozzles that I have. Nitrous solenoids can be PWM controlled so I use one in the line feeding the nozzles, using the boost control output to feed the circuit. The ECU does not know what the circuit is driving and does not care, I can then set the duty cycle tables to reflect how long the solenoid Is open vs boost pressure. This will let me fine tune the spray volume for my application on the fly with a few key strokes.
Thoughts?