Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I have one of those SVO cobra R hoods on the car now it has a damn scoop in it already and a cowl.... looks good on the car but I don't know how a inlet will look sticking through it.
20160529_115332-1_optimized.jpg
Wait.......Are you saying that after your measurements, that that new system will even stuck outta that hood?

• Sponsors (?)

damn thats going to be tall, i thought i had problems the other day doing the math on trying to keep my 1.5" cowl with the 427 and an air cleaner (and the math still doesn't really add up to a positive clearance number with an extra inch of k-member spacer)

Use that hood for wall art and slice and dice up a stock one.
I got a donor for ya.
Or you could shim up the back of the cobra hood a little to clear the intake stuff
You know me, I like crap sticking out all shaking and scary.

Reactions: 1 user
Use that hood for wall art and slice and dice up a stock one.
I got a donor for ya.
Or you could shim up the back of the cobra hood a little to clear the intake stuff
You know me, I like crap sticking out all shaking and scary.
I appreciate the offer JR this very well may become reality...... I wonder how much of this thing would hang all balls out.... hell an old school hood scoop would cover it up and I could just cram an air filter right on the end of the TB.... or just let it all hang out in the open when it rains I have natural water injection...
th.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Jesus it's hot today. Not a single cloud in the sky, makes for a miserable morning in Florida when you want to work outside. :leghump: it I'm putting the damb thing in the car and will deal with the rest later. I still have other things to work out like making sure the pulley alignment is correct and a snout support. Wiring, coil packs, ect. Ect.

This is where I got before I decided it was time for frosted flakes.
20170924_101050.jpg
now where did I put that gasket scraper?

Reactions: 2 users
Jesus it's hot today. Not a single cloud in the sky, makes for a miserable morning in Florida when you want to work outside. **** it I'm putting the damb thing in the car and will deal with the rest later. I still have other things to work out like making sure the pulley alignment is correct and a snout support. Wiring, coil packs, ect. Ect.

This is where I got before I decided it was time for frosted flakes.
20170924_101050.jpg
now where did I put that gasket scraper?
So, I see what looks like an exhaust routed ventilation system based on the VC breathers.. Are you using a Moroso Vac u pan system?

Oh and the hood closes.:D

With all of.......... 1/16 clearance.

If I shave the plenum down where the top bolt boss is for an LS style throttle body (which then negates the ability to use a MUCH cheaper TB) I will have plenty of clearance.

Reactions: 1 users
I check the crank trigger for run out it's definitely going to have to be turned. I'll take it somewhere tomorrow and see if it can be done in town that would be nice There's no way for me to myself I need to figure out the small stuff next like heater hose routing ect.. going to be interesting considering the lack of space.

Great question! Here is another picture to judge from.
20170924_121610.jpg
from here it looks like it will fit just fine, tomorrow after I run some errands I will install/try to install the thermostat housing. Now the real issue is how I am going to fit the ect and hose fittings for the heater hose.. and I need a spot for the temp gauge. I'm sure it will all work out.

The belt alignment looks like it's friggin spot on, finally I measured something right.

Reactions: 1 users
After the sun set yesterday I felt as though I needed to get something else done. So I drug the engine harness inside cleaned it up a bit and proceeded to replace loom and extend some of the wires. Here is how it came out.
20170924_220555.jpg
man new phone likes to take sideways puctures:notnice: oh well.

Reactions: 1 user