GT Fog light Fix (pics)

Jaswir

Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, FL
just did the foglight fix on my car this morning! Really simple to do and worth the time and lil money it takes to do it!

Cost me like 25 bucks to do it... would of been alot cheaper but i didnt have any connectors and stuff... So i bought a big pack of misc electrical stuff!

Took lil over a hour to wire up and was very striaght forward!

only downside was i put new foglight bulbs in and i droped + Cracked the lense on foglight! :bang:

View attachment 423654
car071.jpg

Attachments

• car071.jpg
    car071.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 362
  • Sponsors (?)

that fix in on my list of things to do while the car is down.. Especially considering about a month ago my lights stopped working all together. The totally AWESOME ford wiring job melted the plastic connectors on the multi function switch and totally ruined the switch itself. Cost me 150 bucks for the new switch.. ugh. I need to rewire the lights and protect my investment.

ive done the same thing as you... only reason i got around to do it was because i noticed smoke coming from the light switch!!

i replaced the connectors and switch 3 months earlyer... now the connector was melted a tiny bit but really nothing to worry about! so now i ordered the connectors to have a spare just incase! but it should be fixed now so im sure i wont have to replace them...

yea well..

2 DAYS after I buy the damn switch... $150 freak'n dollars..

I find an 89 mustang 4 banger in MY (family owned) JY. Same part number and in perfect working order. GO FREAK'n FIGURE. I spent the money for nothing.

BUT, the car in the JY had perfect connectors.. so at least I don't have to buy those for the rewire job.

I ended up doing the fix because my connector that goes to the fog light switch melted and then i got to breathe in really gross smoke.

Its probably the easiest "mod" that you can do to your car.

After i did mine i had the relay i installed take a dump a week later. So i got to take it all apart again.

Darkwriter77 said:
Better yet, just get a good set of regular headlight bulbs/lenses and just delete those fog lights and related bracketry to save yourself about 20 pounds of dead weight off the front-end. :D

GAY GAY GAY, and do what? Leave 2 big holes in the front bumper. Leave the fogs they make the car look killer.

Weight loss on a car is GAY? What's that got to do with sexual orientation, anyway? :p

The OEM FOG LIGHTS are ghey, IMHO, because they really don't do jack for lighting - strictly an appearance mod, as you've just said so, yourself, by "They make the car LOOK killer." (Looks = nothing in performance.) If you want REAL light get some genuine HID's in place, or otherwise vamp up the primary headlamp system; otherwise, the OEM foggies are so friggin' prone to failure and put out such a worthless amount of light that they're not even worth fixing, anyway. Those empty holes left afterward could be used for intake ducting spots for, say, a pair of turbochargers. :D Or you could just 'glass and paint over it to smooth it in with the rest of the front fascia (looks perfectly fine on the cars I've seen it done on before). In fact, I think there's even a company or two that sells "plugs" that go in those empty eye sockets left after you take out your foglights. (If not, there should be - I smell a patent worth some money waiting to be claimed... :) )

All that having been said, still, I give kudos to Jaswir, anyway, for taking the time to rewire it all up right n' proper and un-do another Ford design goof. Me, I'm just lazy and would rather delete something like that than re-engineer the entire wiring setup for it, but the fact that you went the extra mile shows you have a lot of automotive creativity and ambition.

But hey, Smokin91, your car is your car -do with it as you please. Just don't go throwing accusations of homosexuality around at people simply for having a difference of opinion. Because that's just ... well ... ghey. :D