Hats off to the Founding Old Fogies

Dano78

Founding Member
Nov 1, 1999
Vancouver, WA
"With a new year in motion, it always calls upon reflection of what has been. "

Actually, that's a load of crap... I was updating my profile and noticed that i've been on here dang close to 10 years.... You know, just enough to make a younger guy feel just that much older... :rolleyes:

Although....I'd just like to say thanks to the members of SN who HAVE crested (or will be cresting) the 10 year mark as members here at SN, especially here in the MII Forums.

78CobraII, UnbridledFury, MadMark- you 3 are just some of the OLD GEEZERS of SN. :D

If I have missed anyone else that joined in '98, chime in please, I can't remember them all!!

Anyways, thanks guys, happy 10 years! :cheers:

:SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Another swig of Geritol ...

The II.Org list was around a while before Stangnet came about, I joined The List in November of '96. The List was around for a while before then, I remember thinking I came late to the party. :rlaugh:

Damn, in a couple of days I will have had a II in the stable for 30 years.

Hasn't StangNet gone through a few changes. The user interface, the people, and at times this place seems warm and fuzzy compared to what it use to be.

Far as 'cresting', I'm of the age I'm suppose to be cresting the hill. What's funny is the older I get the flatter the crest appears.

:nice:

I joined the II.org list in June of 97...wow almost 11 years ago.
You just may be THE eldest SN member of the II crowd... Who else joined in '97??

I remeber those .org days. That was, at that time, the best MII site out there hands down. I joined up as a list member not long after I got to my duty station in Jun of '98. Been a lurker there a while before that. Later that year i found SN and realized that some of the .org posters were hangin out there. Good people, Good times. Right, WART..! :p (I remeber the old name)
It's only been warm and fuzzy because Glenn isn't here to drive you up a wall. :rlaugh: That and those few idiots that would come in from other forums and post that "IIs are only parts cars, or aren't real mustangs" -or whatever. Then a bunch of us would go firebomb their forums...etc... Ahhh the days....Good to see that has all stopped. I'm sure there is still an occasional 'turd in the punchbowl" that drops by.

George- We're gonna have to do a 10 year reunion of the '98 meet I missed out on in Portland, OR. Guess I'd better get off my duff and get the II into the shop and get crackin on it!

Well, I didn't join StangNet until much later, but I was one of the original bunch on The List. I remember when Mark and Ted joined, stirring things up quite a bit! :rlaugh:

I miss having Rob Weeks around, he was a great source of info. I wonder if he still has his t-top Handler?

There's just too many forums out there, I can't keep up with all of them. Lately I stay up to date on SN and on TeamShelby.com. I belong to probably 10 other forums that I don't stay current on, 3 or 4 of them Bronco related, the rest Mustang.
Oh, and I'm still on the latest version of The List, now powered by Yahoo.

Jogging the memory and i can't seem to place Ted. I vaguely Rember Rob, mainly because of his car. I remember Dan though. He posted a few good reads. I too agree, the list was certainly the 'must have', especially back then. :nice:

I use to frequent a few other Forums too, but not as often as this one. I use to split time with SN and Club Hot Rod but they had been having major server issues for quite a while, so I more or less gave up there. I think I started a profile over at .net, years ago, but that was probably the last time I was there. Think i was parts hunting at the time... can't remember.

A little:OT:
Trying to recruit another member or two. Had a young lady come by today and purchase a hood to fix her '77 fastback. She had the car on Craigslist (yellow one) and I had called her on it and turns out she really didn't want to sell it, but rather fix it, but couldn't find parts. So I made her day when i told her i had a boatload of parts. Told her she needed to join up and come hang out! Her dad has a II aswell, and appearantly a few parts too.

Jogging the memory and i can't seem to place Ted.

Yeah, Ted.

Lived in Florida, had a health problem or two, I think a red KC, and a Wild Woman for a wife. I think he also had a thing for tattoos.

Serge, Lee, Frank, Dave, Todd, Tod, Phil, Nick, The other Dave (L), DIANE D, how the hell could I forget Diane. Bob, Bernie, ...

I use to frequent a few other Forums too, but not as often as this one.

I got a reminder from a forum, figured I would drop by, I checked to see the last time I visited thet forum. It was in November .... Of 2003.

I joined here back in 2002 but I joined the II.org list back in 96-97. I was getting so many e-mails I had to unsubscribe. I was going to college at the time and I remember reading about the guy fixing the coupe up with a Shelby valance, etc on II.org. Anyway hats off to some of the guys that have helped me over the years and that includes Dano, Wart, Dave Wilson, Brian Seather, Dan Polk, Project77 and a whole bunch of other guys I'm just totally forgetting about. I drove my II while I was in college and chicks really dug it. Now it is retired in the garage but it will hit the roads again someday! Currently the girls in my life are more into treehouses and swings then Mustangs. However there is hope - a couple of weeks ago while I was working on the car my eldest daughter picked up my hammer and started beating on the bumper!

david

Ted is still on the List. He lived in CA back when, and has since moved to FL. He painted his KC a teal blue color, and left the air dam, spoiler, spats and scoop black. Has a t-top. He hosted a CA get-together with a bunch of people. He speaks his mind, which offended a few people...

Sergio still has his II, but it's sitting needing work. He offered it to me about 6 months ago, but I convinced him to keep it, I think.

Dano78,

Good to hear from you again!

I've been busy enough at home and work that I haven't made much progress on either of my cars lately either, but I hope to change that soon.

With the local Mustang club (http://forums.magiccitymustangs.com/index.php?act=home) hosting the MCA Mustang 45th Anniversary show here in a year and a half (http://mustang.org/MCA.cfm?general), I really have to get moving in order to get either car show-worthy.

Only a small percentage of the Mustangs at any of the recent MCA shows that I have attended were II's. When I worked at the MCA 30th Anniversary show here in Birmingham in 2006 only 5 of the 2000 Mustangs were II's. When I attended the Mustang 40th Anniverasry show in Nashville in 2004, only about 12 of the 3000 Mustangs were II's. All of those present were really excellant examples of the breed, but the numbers were a little thin and I hope to at least add one of my two.

Hey Guys...I havn't been on the II forum in a long time! Probably not since early 2006. But I remember all the guys your talking about. All of you are the concrete that keeps this forum up and running. I remember when I was 15 back in 2001 and first got my 78 II, every single one of you guys were very helpful in teaching me. If it was not for this site and all of you guys my II would not be in the shape it is today. Dam...with out any prior knowledge of cars or any help from any one besides you guys. I rebuilt and put in a new Engine, rebuilt my suspension all around, and repaired one problem after another! So thank you for all the help over the years! I'll be around this forum alot more this summer. The II has been sitting in my garage since I left for boot camp in june of 06, But this summer I plan on getting it back up and running. Then I can take it to the track and compare it to my new baby and 07 gt!
Patrick:flag: