Help with Power rack and pinion for 1969 mustang 302v8 power steering?

I have used the RRS rack in 3 differnt cars so far and feel it is a better choice for a few small reasons. Mainly, it uses Ford off the shelf tie rod ends, is simple bolt in install, and eliminates bump steer. It has proper ackerman angle built into it where some of the cheaper racks like Unisteer have this all screwed up. It's the only rack that is D.O.T. approved (AU). Randells is very close to the same except it has these funky tie rod ends. RRS unit has some header clearance issues if you have long tubes. Tri-Y's or shorty's are no problem. I have Hooker long tubes and hade to slightly bend one tube to keep it off the boot covering the rack

As far as power vs non. It all depends on the tires you will have and how much you don't mind arm stonging the car in parked or very low speed turns. It's only my oppion but any tire bigger than 195 is very hard to turn with the fast ratio's of the new racks when sitting still. I had it non power and returned the rack for a power unit after trying it. You can get a great pump from Toms Bronco Parts .com cheap ( less than $250 with brackets) Works great, I have it on my 65 convert

• Sponsors (?)