Hey all, new member here with a few questions

MIKES90LX

Apr 30, 2008
Hey guys my name is mike and this is my first time on this site, i have a 90 lx conv, with a carbed 5.0, the car right now is in the process of having the suspension done, the rear, and the motor, my main question is i have aquired a garett gt42r turbo from a friend and i am wondering if this turbo would work with my motor, the motor is going to be a DSS 331 short block with twisted wedge heads and i dont know where to go from there this is my first time building a motor, i need to know what would be the best intake, carb, compression and other parts for this motor to make it a streetable race car, keep in mind i am new to this so any input can help

thanks in advance
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

:welcome: to the boards!

I am just familiarizing myself with the world of turbos too, and I will say that for a 331 the 42 is probably going to be a little small. Most people seem to be using a 60 to 70, or 72, usually on the bigger side for a stroker. I wish you well with the DSS as a lot of people have had quality issues with them.

If you want to know a lot of info on turbos check out turbomustangs.com, its all the info you will ever need and the forums are helpful too. But if you want answers about anything else for you stang this is the place.

Good Luck
MIKE

Welcome to the site mike, well like stated in the begining there has been a lot of quality issues coming from dss a good thing to do is find a very reputable machine shop near you and buy a good stroker kit ex eagle,scat ,propower and make sure u use a good main girdle and with your set up and in the end odds are you will probably come out a lil bit cheaper too, btw where are ya from maybe sombody on here can hook you up with a machine shop in your area . well good luck and keep us uptodate.:nice: