Hot Rod /Motor Trend Threads In here

• Sponsors (?)

Insurance won't change much considering the car will be in the same price bracket, and the horsepower is in the same bracket.

GTs and Mach1s are in the same bracket (where i buy insurance)
Other than replacement value, nothing else changed.

SadbutTrue said:
/me wets pants

Thanks, could anyone with photoshopping skills rotate that second page and sharpen it so we coudl read the article? Mmmm...
attachment.php

Attachments

• pic001.jpg
    pic001.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 562
Boss 351 said:
ME at the dealership looking at a 05 Mustang;

Mmmm you like it when I nibble on your mirrors like that, don't you? What's that, more you say... mmmm you're so wet *playing wiper fluid button* I'm so hard... Lick your exhaust? You're so naughty, dirty.... dirty Mustang... ohhh you're so bad. mmmm like that? ohhh baby yes YES YES... I'm coming oh ...

eh yeah... Mustang **** brought to you by boredom :rolleyes: :rlaugh:

I sent this to my wife, and she was dying laughing...then says, "You know, he does have a point!" :lol:

Hax

Boss 351 said:
ME at the dealership looking at a 05 Mustang;

Mmmm you like it when I nibble on your mirrors like that, don't you? What's that, more you say... mmmm you're so wet *playing wiper fluid button* I'm so hard... Lick your exhaust? You're so naughty, dirty.... dirty Mustang... ohhh you're so bad. mmmm like that? ohhh baby yes YES YES... I'm coming oh ...

eh yeah... Mustang **** brought to you by boredom :rolleyes: :rlaugh:

HAHAHAHA, classic :rlaugh:
Thats great man, mmmm, mustang ****. :lol:

I don't think any excuse in the world could suffice as an answer to the question of WHERE IS THE 6 SPEED? When Acura can make the RSX, TSX, and TL all available with 6 speeds, Nissan puts a 6 speed in the 350Z, Toyota has a 6 speed Celica, and EVEN VOLKSWAGEN has a 6 speed BEETLE, then what the hell, why can't ford put a 6 speed in a 300hp mustang? And what's up with the max HP being at 6,000 rpm? ....isn't that almost at the red? :bang:

2005Eleanor said:
And what's up with the max HP being at 6,000 rpm? ....isn't that almost at the red? :bang:

That's right around where the 4v's max power is, so I don't see that big of a deal. :shrug:

I can't answer on the 6sp though, doesn't really bother me that much, then again I've only riden in 6sp cars and not driven one. :flag:

I'd love to have a 6 speed, but other than the novelty of it, what's the big deal? The TKO, while a bit notchy, is a nearly indestructible transmission, and also, I think unless the T56 is orderd a certain way, it actually has the same or very close final drive ratio.

So what if it's only a 5 speed...banging gears is banging gears.

Hax

The difference might only be the heads. But you also have to figure accessories like waterpump, alternator,etc. Then theres the computer, just to much time and effort for the gain if possible. Just get the 05.

When is ford going to wake up and smell the coffee. I've owned 2 different LS1 camaro's in the last 5 years. First off they to make the 6-speed standard oe atleast optional for the GT. Second of all, 300HP is going to cut it. I hope these aren't the final spec's for the GT Yes the F-bodies are gone, but the GTO is here to stay and weve already read in many mag that it's running mid 13. I traded my camaro in for one of these new mustang, but now I'm not sure. The GTO is 5-10 thousand more, but it also comes with a full warranty that I'm not going to blow trying to make the mustang as fast as it. It also come with 6-speed option. I was also running 13.0's in my ls1 camaro with lid and exhaust work. It going to take alot more than that to make this GT that fast. Thanks for listening to the new, but this just pisses me off and regretting selling my camaro

Knexo said:
When is ford going to wake up and smell the coffee. I've owned 2 different LS1 camaro's in the last 5 years. First off they to make the 6-speed standard oe atleast optional for the GT. Second of all, 300HP is going to cut it. I hope these aren't the final spec's for the GT Yes the F-bodies are gone, but the GTO is here to stay and weve already read in many mag that it's running mid 13. I traded my camaro in for one of these new mustang, but now I'm not sure. The GTO is 5-10 thousand more, but it also comes with a full warranty that I'm not going to blow trying to make the mustang as fast as it. It also come with 6-speed option. I was also running 13.0's in my ls1 camaro with lid and exhaust work. It going to take alot more than that to make this GT that fast. Thanks for listening to the new, but this just pisses me off and regretting selling my camaro
You obviously didn't do your research. If you don't like the new GT's dont get one. Why would you get a car and then decide it doesnt meet up to your expectations. Didn't you test drive one before you traded it in? If you didnt know what it takes to get a new mustang to the 13.0's why not pick up a Magazine and find out before you get a car and then say you dont like it.

It looks like this car if geared properly is capable of hitting mid 13s. So what's the problem? You are also getting a car with better weight distrubution a more modern chasis and frankly IMO much better looks. And we still haven't seen what the special edition might be. Mach I anybody?

Your right the Cobra will make short work of a GTO. I'm not arguing that point. But a new cobra from what I've read aroud here is going to be atleast 37-38 and thats not GTO range. I'm still waiting to see what the price increase is going to be for a 05GT. If it comes out at the same price thats great, but then give us the option of getting a 6-speed for a price. I'll be more than happy to pay it, then deal with all the problems current 3650 owner have.

I meant I traded it in on a new 05GT,not a current one. I figured with 3v heads and hopefully a 6-speed it would run mid 13's. Then use simple bolt-ons to get low 13's. I don't consider 6-8 hours for long tubes a simple bolt-on.

i think it looks great, except for the bulbous hood...the classics always had very flat hoods, even up until now the hood hasnt had that much of a 'mound' look to it...hmm a few tweaks here and there and its sweeeet