How is this for a blower cam?

• Sponsors (?)

Have Flowtech Industries (or is it Induction?) make a custom cam to take full advantage of the setup. Cost $350. Comp Cams are all liek $250. So a full custom cam is only an extra $100 and can yield another 50 horse or more.

Who makes that cam? Looks like something that Crower would make.

tjm73 said:
Have Flowtech Industries (or is it Induction?) make a custom cam to take full advantage of the setup. Cost $350. Comp Cams are all liek $250. So a full custom cam is only an extra $100 and can yield another 50 horse or more.

Unless these guys are going to dyno a similar setup (not likely) then they're decisions are not going to be much better than anyone elses. IN MY OPINION.

I hear alot on here about custom cams. I don't think most of these custom shops are doing anything that you or I couldn't do with some creative google searches. Four Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell has a great section on cam selection. The rest of the book is great too. There is also another version for forced induction if that is more to your liking.

I did a great deal of research and decided what I wanted from my cam. I called up Comp Cams and for 320 delivered, I had almost exactly the cam I had designed, delivered to me by the end of the week.

A custom grind can be impressive when comparing to something off the shelf, but no one knows your motor better than yourself. And no one knows what you want from a cam better than yourself. My advice is this, do as much research as you can stand, and then do some more. It will pay off for you.

tjm73 said:

Yep talk to Ed Curtis....the cam god. Hes on here every once in a while. Has quality ****.

tjm73 said:
I think you are seriously mistaken.....

Maybe.

My only concern is that only their personal experience is used when these guys design a cam. I am quite sure that all of these shops have more experince with making power in a Windsor motor than most people on this forum (including myself most of all). The question is how applicable is their experience to your goals?

For example, the farther your car gets from what the custom grinder has experience in, the less likely it is that the cam is truely optimized for your application.

Again just my opinion.

vristang said:
Maybe.

My only concern is that only their personal experience is used when these guys design a cam. I am quite sure that all of these shops have more experince with making power in a Windsor motor than most people on this forum (including myself most of all). The question is how applicable is their experience to your goals?

For example, the farther your car gets from what the custom grinder has experience in, the less likely it is that the cam is truely optimized for your application.

Again just my opinion.

Well, have a look at their website and look at their list of clients. Decide for yourself.

http://www.flowtechinduction.com/

vristang said:
Maybe.

Again just my opinion.

I see where your coming from.......but, sorry, i do not agree.

go read "cam truth" on buddy rawls website, and see foryourself. he could customize a cam for ANY setup, or situation, and it would be better than any ots cam out there.......now, if he finds an ots cam thats extremely close, he will tell you to go buy it, and save some money. last cam i bought from him was 300, they may have gone up now.........but, it is so worth it.......

www.wighat.com/fcr3