hsean's project "resto mod"

i have the center console all ready for leather i fused the back end of the asc mclaren center console with the front section . i also extended by 1.5 inches the front end of the console past the radio and smoothed out the lines across there. i placed a stock black one next to it so that you can see the difference.

8-8.jpg

7-5.jpg

11-5.jpg

10-6.jpg

9-8.jpg

6-9.jpg

sprayed it black before i wrap it in leather

5-8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

thanks man all this little stuff is taking away from putting this thing back together i was going to put the shaker 1000 kicker box in the hatch area.i did all the wiring for it and decided against it because it was going to take up too much room and more fabrication.i had something really nice setup with the stock amps in mind recessed with the plexiglass over the top.i enjoy doing this kind of stuff but i really need to finish this car .

here is what i got done this week i had to cut the window sections out of an 86 mustang and using them in my 90 inner quarter panels.i wasn't sure if i could make this work since no one has ever done this before i had nothing to go on.it sure wasn't easy cutting my 90 black clean inner quarter panels especially since they are not cheap when you come across a set. here is some pics i still need to spray them sem trim black in the next few weeks.

4-9.jpg

3-9.jpg

the section i cut out of my 90 inner quarter panel that is going in the trash
5-11.jpg

and here is the panels all sanded down and ready for paint

1-10.jpg

2-13.jpg

3-13.jpg

4-13.jpg

i could have just saved myself all the trouble and put the whole 86 panel in but i put in the shoulder belts and wasn't an option.

thanks man all this little stuff is taking away from putting this thing back together i was going to put the shaker 1000 kicker box in the hatch area.i did all the wiring for it and decided against it because it was going to take up too much room and more fabrication.i had something really nice setup with the stock amps in mind recessed with the plexiglass over the top.i enjoy doing this kind of stuff but i really need to finish this car .

I hear ya, I'm a sucker for detail and all the creative little things too. If I did all the things I wanted to my car I'd never get it done, and right now that' a little more important.;) Again, looks great! You have a lot more guts then I do. I don't know if I could cut up new panels and modify them the way you did.:eek: Oh, as a side note, I'm still planning on building a sub/speaker/amp box in the rear. I know it takes up valuable room but my car is not a daily driver so I'm not too worried about it. it's gonna suck though if I have to go overnight someplace and need to put luggage back there, lol.

I thought the rear seat belts started in 91?:shrug:

thanks man so how's your project coming along are you going to cut up your panels?this is definately not for the faint of heart lol i am very happy with the results thus far and look forward to spraying them this weekend .good luck with yours just make sure you measure right.:nice:

I haven't started on it yet. I've got so many projects and things to do it's not even funny. I am going to do it though.

I hear ya, I'm a sucker for detail and all the creative little things too. If I did all the things I wanted to my car I'd never get it done, and right now that' a little more important.;) Again, looks great! You have a lot more guts then I do. I don't know if I could cut up new panels and modify them the way you did.:eek: Oh, as a side note, I'm still planning on building a sub/speaker/amp box in the rear. I know it takes up valuable room but my car is not a daily driver so I'm not too worried about it. it's gonna suck though if I have to go overnight someplace and need to put luggage back there, lol.

I thought the rear seat belts started in 91?:shrug:

the rear shoulder belts started in 90 if i were to put the shaker 1000 kicker box i would just use the speakers and put one in each of the corners .i would build my own box but after i wired my car and listened to it i felt the door subs was plenty of base for my taste in music.i am thinking of adding another cup though and moving some things around.the way i look at it as long as it is in the roughing and designing page i can change my mind.i think if i decide to add the second cup then that's it no more changes .

the rear shoulder belts started in 90 if i were to put the shaker 1000 kicker box i would just use the speakers and put one in each of the corners .i would build my own box but after i wired my car and listened to it i felt the door subs was plenty of base for my taste in music.i am thinking of adding another cup though and moving some things around.the way i look at it as long as it is in the roughing and designing page i can change my mind.i think if i decide to add the second cup then that's it no more changes .

I don't think my box will be that huge. I'm primarily building it for my 2 6x9's, my low-powered sub, and my smallish amp on the side. I was going to just use a pre-built box just for my one sub but I decided to house the 6x9's in it as well cause you know the crappy speaker locations on the 85's, especially t-tops.:rolleyes: I'd add another cup holder. By yourself is fine but an extra always comes in handy with someone extra in the car. I still gotta figure out what I'm going to do about cup holders. I don't think I wanna go as far as you did with redoing the console but we'll see. I'm still a ways away from doing that anyway, I'm still in the "down to shell, gotta get it back together" phase.;)

good luck make sure you buy the metal mesh and cut strips and fiberglass over the seam that you cut.this will make it stronger at the joint .

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to make it work yet until I get into it.
On another note, I have a speaker box that I made for 2x15"s with a built in amp rack. I made it with handles, unplugable connections and folding trim panels so it could be removed. I did all that 10 plus years ago, I still have the box, but I don't have any pics and I'm along way from it right now.

I don't think my box will be that huge. I'm primarily building it for my 2 6x9's, my low-powered sub, and my smallish amp on the side. I was going to just use a pre-built box just for my one sub but I decided to house the 6x9's in it as well cause you know the crappy speaker locations on the 85's, especially t-tops.:rolleyes: I'd add another cup holder. By yourself is fine but an extra always comes in handy with someone extra in the car. I still gotta figure out what I'm going to do about cup holders. I don't think I wanna go as far as you did with redoing the console but we'll see. I'm still a ways away from doing that anyway, I'm still in the "down to shell, gotta get it back together" phase.;)

i have decided to add another cup will start on it in a few hours should have it done in a few days.my kid has basketball practice today and that will take up a couple hours of my time.sounds like you have a long project going yourself.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to make it work yet until I get into it.
On another note, I have a speaker box that I made for 2x15"s with a built in amp rack. I made it with handles, unplugable connections and folding trim panels so it could be removed. I did all that 10 plus years ago, I still have the box, but I don't have any pics and I'm along way from it right now.

that is a good idea with the removable box i might have to think about that i had planned on mounting it secure. get going with yours and post some pics

i have decided to add another cup will start on it in a few hours should have it done in a few days.my kid has basketball practice today and that will take up a couple hours of my time.sounds like you have a long project going yourself.
Too long, lol. I wanted it done for this summer but due to finances and stuff that's not going to be possible. I get kinda tired of people talking about they just broke there's out or "had a nice cruise today...", you know what I'm talking about. It gets depressing. I wanna go out and drive!:nice:
I will when I can get started. I've got to compress about 3 months of other projects into about 6 weeks. I can't get started on those til the end of the month.
I'd like to see it too, I think it would give me some ideas.

i am finally done with this center console minus the leather upholstery i added the second cup to make it look more modern like the newer mustangs what do you guys think?

18-1.jpg

the chrome trim will be snapped in place when the thing is wrapped in leather

19-2.jpg

here are some things i have picked up for the project starting with a 93 cobra steering wheel notice the missing cruise control buttons.this was the last authentic 93 cobra piece i was missing.
20-2.jpg

i was going with this

14-3.jpg

but recently picked up this
16-3.jpg

i don't think this will make that much of a difference but
17-3.jpg

i am going to paint these used maximum motorsports caster camber plates body color as well as my strut tower brace too.
5-12.jpg

stainless steel polished engine dressup kit bolts should look nice with the cyber gray

15-3.jpg

You will be surprised about the driveshaft. I felt a huge difference in my 89 when i put it in. Mostly at high speeds.

And I would leave the camber plates and strut bar satin black! Too much of the body color may look like you just hosed the whole engine bay in body color. The black on the plates and strut bar would break things up a bit!