I hear these 5.0s run hot...

You are either burning coolant, your radiator is cracked or your hose clamps aren't tight enough. The latter two would not let the coolant get up to 16psi, thus making the coolant get hotter faster. Are you loosing coolant? Pop the radiator cap and make sure your radiator isn't half empty.

I'd also recommend a coolant pressure test. I would lend you mine id you were in Los Angeles, but that commute is a killer. :D

Well, let me let you all know what I'm planning on doing here really soon...

I'm replacing the radiator with a Mishimoto 3Row All Aluminum Radiator. I'm getting a new Coolant Temp Gauge and Voltage Gauge. I'm buying a gauge bezel that will house my new gauges so it still keeps a factory feel. I think on the gauges, I will be using digital gauges.

Maybe a high flow water pump,... but I think that radiator will work the best.

Anyhow, gimme some feedback and let me know what you all think.

• Sponsors (?)

You are either burning coolant, your radiator is cracked or your hose clamps aren't tight enough. The latter two would not let the coolant get up to 16psi, thus making the coolant get hotter faster.

Not quite right. Raising the pressure merely increases the boiling point. The coolant doesn't get hotter faster. Remember that experiment in science class when you reduced the pressure (vacuum) the water would boil at room temperature. Same principle with increased pressure. Just prevents the coolant from boiling at a lower temperature.

I'd also recommend a coolant pressure test. I would lend you mine id you were in Los Angeles, but that commute is a killer. :D

A coolant pressure test is almost a must. If the system doesn't hold pressure it's leaking somewhere.

Not quite right. Raising the pressure merely increases the boiling point. The coolant doesn't get hotter faster. Remember that experiment in science class when you reduced the pressure (vacuum) the water would boil at room temperature. Same principle with increased pressure. Just prevents the coolant from boiling at a lower temperature.

About all I remember of high school is getting beat up often by the jocks. :owned:

Thanks for the info, I'll remember it.