I may be getting old, here's how I spent my B-day.

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
I came to the realization this weekend that my life is definitely changing and I had a feeling of "getting old" or should I say a feeling of "growing up." My birthday was on saturday and I turned 29. Normally on every other birthday I've had I'd lay around and relax all day, then go out and party all night. Well, I couldn't have done anything further from that than what I did. As many of you know my wife and I are expecting our first child, and as such my wife and I spent the entire weekend working on finishing up our nursery. I also realized that I hate working on the house as much as I do my car!:lol: Well, I thought I'd share the fruits of my labor of our first home improvement project.

I put up the crown moulding, rope lights, chair rail, and I did most of the painting. Crown moulding is a PITA! All I can say is that the ultrasound tech better have been right in telling us we're having a girl as I sure as hell don't want to have to redo all this pink with blue!

Oh, and watch our Canadians, for my wife my wife surprised me with a weekend get-a-way to Niagra Falls in a few weeks. I think a few molson XXX's will take me back in time a bit!

View attachment 485541

View attachment 485542

View attachment 485543

View attachment 485544

View attachment 485545

View attachment 485546

• Sponsors (?)

after working in a hardware store for 5 years, i'm more comfortable doing home improvements than i am doing car stuff. place is looking real nice.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

If you never slow down, you never grow old.

- Tom Petty

Nice work! Crown moldings look good pretty much everwhere IMO; they're classy. I actually like doing wood working / home improvement type things. Its much more satisfying then lying on your back on a 90 degree day spraying liquid wrench in your eye digging at an exhaust bolt that's been happy right where it is for 11 years....

Adam

That work is beautiful. You could make aliving off of that! HELL I'd hier you in a second!! You did all of that in a weekend?? Hats off to you. I really wish i was good at doing things like that, I would love to redo my entire place and put in lighting like that it reallty looks killer!!! Nice Job and Happy Birthday!!!!

That room looks really nice Paul!!

I spent my bday back on the 12th of Feb driving around a looking for houses.

I guess we did go out to eat at a very nice steakhouse the night before, but then we just went home. That was my 26th. :)

Happy belated Birthday Paul and congratulations on the soon to be daughter. The nursery looks great. Plan on many long hours in there with your new child. Being the father of two girls (5 & 7) I can tell you that nothing comes close to the joy of children.

Joe

WOW Paul looks great. I guess beings everybody likes the rope light i can come clean and say i have it in my car lol. Happy Birthday man. I was thinking how can crown molding be hard you push it up aganist the celing and nail but doing it your way would be a bitch looks awsome though.

You gotta hurry up and finish thecar before the baby comes man or you won't have time

Looks great paul, and yes you are getting old :)

What hotel are you staying in at niagra falls? I went there last year with the gf, AWESOME place, you will have alot of fun. We stayed in the embassy suites overlooking the horseshoe on the canada side. Theres so much to do there, you could spend 5 days there easily and never be bored

Black95GTS said:
Its much more satisfying then lying on your back on a 90 degree day spraying liquid wrench in your eye digging at an exhaust bolt that's been happy right where it is for 11 years....
:lol: Man, that sounds like every trans swap I've ever done!
Happy Birthday, and congratulations on the baby! Better get her a Mustang now, you'll be so busy enjoying parenthood, it might take until she's old enough to drive to get it ready :)