let me know what you think.....(Stoptech's)

seriously thinking about buying these, just need to make sure they will fit. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Ive read alot about the Stoptech, and for the money, I think they are far more superior than the Brembo kits. Plus Brembos are played out:D Gonna get the red ones BTW. For a comprable kit from Brembo, it would be over $3,200.00 fyi

Stop-Tech 96-04 Mustang 355mm Big Brake Kit [83-328-4700] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

(I know this pic isnt of the kit for my car, but its the same set-up, 4 piston calipers in red with the 14" 2 piece rotors)
stoptech_brakes.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

actually they are a lot better. Look at this link and read about them, comparing them to similar brands. An advantage to them also is that you can run a multitude of different pads, because they use the same pads as some Porsche 911 (I forgot which one), so you dont need to pay an arm and a leg for pads that you can only get from the brake kit manufaturer (Brembos.) I cannot belive that the same Brembo kit is over $800 more. You are deffinitely paying for the name IMO

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

actually they are a lot better. Look at this link and read about them, comparing them to similar brands. An advantage to them also is that you can run a multitude of different pads, because they use the same pads as some Porsche 911 (I forgot which one), so you dont need to pay an arm and a leg for pads that you can only get from the brake kit manufaturer (Brembos.) I cannot belive that the same Brembo kit is over $800 more. You are deffinitely paying for the name IMO

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

I will never use a review that the manufacturer has furnished. It really needs to come from an impartial third party. I'll stick to the Brembos.

Edit: Good shot of the F50 caliper kit.
View attachment 270004

that kit is sick, but its also almost $4,000. also, i need to add spacers because any kit that I chech the profile against it hits the inside flange that bolts my wheels together:notnice: The problem with Brembo also is that they do not have a template that you can use to check clearence. They give you three dimensions to check if they will hit, which is totally :bs: cause there is no way to accuratly check if they will fit. I just need to get some spacers now and see if my wheels will be sticking out of the front fenders to get the kit to fit. If they do, I guess Im gonna be a follower and just get the Cobra kit that everyone else on here has:nonono:

I was looking at the '95/'00 cobra r kits, but again, I am not sure if it will clear in my wheels. I really do not wanna buy a kit, and then find out it wont fit. Most places will not accept returns on brake kits/items, and spell it out very clearly on their websites that it is the customer responsibility to check to see if they will fit before ordering. I know a couple guys around here who have the cobra r kit on their cars, so maybe I'll try to see if I can throw one of my rims on their ride just to be sure.

thats a crap ton of money for brakes... i dont know much about your car but i hope youve got some super nice tires and your suspension is done... other wards you will never get that to the road.

i dunno, personally these kits make me sick because they are obnoxiously over priced for the $100 worth of materials and 2 hours of work..

looks like a nice brake setup... but that much money for front brakes just seems obnoxious...