LMR 5 lug kit or sn95 used parts?

• Sponsors (?)

You aren't really comparing apples to apples in this instance.

The LMR setup is just stock brakes with 5 lugs.

The 94/95 setup is superior and easily upgradeable to cobra brakes, but will also require an upgraded master cylinder.

The LMR setup also can be done way cheaper, those front rotors come off a lincoln and can be had dirt cheap at the autoparts store.

Me personally, i like the 94/95 setup better, but it's more work and likely more money.

does the sn stuff allow more offset? im doing it to put my 17x9 24mm wheels all the way around but better brakes are a good add on and im guessing rotors will be much cheaper when needed. when doing the rear im guessing the drum brakes are the same size and i can reuse the shoes.

does the cobra and the standard 94-95 share the same spindel? im looking at autozone and it looks like the cobra has a twin piston caliper and the standard has a single piston unit and they both are cheap. are the rotor the same or does cobra calipers require cobra rotors?

Cobra brakes need the rotors, calipers and brake lines. The spindles are all the same, so conra brakes will fit on v6 spindles.

Be careful with parts store caliper. The cobra calipers sometimes don't come with the pad support bracket which bolts to the spindle, so you would have to buy that as well.

Aa for which mc to use....match it to the calipers you get. If you get cobra calipers, get the cobra mc...if you get gt brakes, you'll need the mc that was used with them. This is ifmyou do the rear disk brakes. If you leave the rear drum, you can leave your current mc setup.

Do some searching...this is covered daily. There is a thread up top lsting methods as well

maybe this is just autozones system but it shows the same part # for 94 cobra mc and 94 standard mc. i will read some more, im just up to my ears trying to price what i need to get this done. thanks for the help

It's not the same part.

1994 cobra mc is 15/16 bore

1994 gt. Mc is 1 1/16" bore

It's a 1/8" difference, but in terms of feel and performance it's huge.

Another option is to get the 99-04 gt/v6 calipers and run those with a 1" bore 1993 cobra mc.

All with the rear sn95 disk of course

ok this is a bit of a side question, i did some looking and i have to keep the ponys for now but thats ok because it gives me some time to buy tires for the 17's. now i have some 225/50/16 front and 245/50/16 rear, is this the best size tires for the wheels because they need to be replaced and if i can get more tire under it now is the time for this set.

When i had 16's, i liked 225 50 16 in the front, and 245 45 16 in the rear.
I've always went by the rule up 20 in the width, down 5 in the profile, to keep a perfectly level car.
The 245 50 16 will be a little taller in the rear, i hated it that way.

yeah im a little into some foward rake but not crazy, just a little. my issue is if i can put some 255/40 or 45/17 in the rear i would feel better but i hate tire bulge and my current setup looks ok, i just want to make shure its the better idea. it's sounding like i am putting my 1967 mustang motor in this car so it will have ballpark 375 hp and tq flywheel.