Mustangs Anonymous

• Sponsors (?)

My name is Daggar and I too, am addicted.

I once once had a bone stock 1986 Mustang GT that was a blast to drive. I was sitting at my computer one day and discovered this seemingly little known interweb called Stangnet.

The people there were out of their minds. They took perfectly good cars and did dreadful things to them! They put larger motors in, fatter tires, replaced everything they could think to replace with parts from vendors that had no association with Ford whatsoever. I laughed at these people of course... even felt sorry for them. Everyone knows that all you need to do is wash it once in a while and change the oil, filters, plugs, etc. once in a while to keep everything running smooth and healthy.

I can still remember my transition from sanity into what is now and addictive habit.

I'd read a thread once about removing an air silencer from the car to free up breathing for the car. It made some sense since I was SD and this "silencer" was really the only inlet restriction for my beloved Pony Car. That's where it began. My first mod.

It wasn't a week later that I experienced my first run-in with a BMW M-5 from a stop-light. Needless to say that the experience was disheartening. Speed shifting and gear grinding did not save me from the sloughter brought about by this little family car. I vowed that it would not happen again.

Dart strokers, blowers, and many many mods and dollars later, I've discovered that there's no end sickness. I've fallen deep into the modification black hole and there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel. Sure... when you're talking with the engine builder, power adder, and tuning experts, it all seems perfectly normal. I mean... it's legal, right???

I sealed my fate on "Vindication Day". Yes, you might have guessed...

I was in Rockford Illinois when I met my next BMW M-5. My hands were shaking as I waited for the light to change. I could hear the little beemer next to me bringing up his RPM for launch while I quietly rumbled at idle. The light turned green and I carefully rolled on the throttle through each gear shifting like grandmother on her way to church. All the while, the exhaust note sounds strangely like a visit from the gods. Each gear after the first one put another couple of car lengths on the BMW. When I shut her down, I'd felt like I'd just won the lottery! All the blood, sweat and tears had ensured total victory!

It was then that I knew that I was lost. Destined to ride around in a 20+ year old car with no cup holders, no integrated cellular conection, no built in GPS navigation system.... no.... *sniff* On-Star.

My name is Daggs... I'm a Mustang-a-holic. *SOBB!*

I can't tell anyone my name. If I did, this would no longer be an "Anonymous" thread.

I have a mental illness. My diagnosis is that I am bipolar (No, that doesn't mean I'm a bisexual polar bear) with stangzophrenia. That is, I have stangschizo-affective disorder. Stangzophrenia means I hear voices. The symptoms I have had are paranoia of teh loss,depression due to not having money to mod a mustang, hallucinations of having large amounts of money to put into the mustang, random sounds of exhaust, visions of mustangs, excessive fear of driving slow, delusions of how fast my mustang is, and on occasion violent feelings.

Thank you for allowing me to share.

I can't tell anyone my name. If I did, this would no longer be an "Anonymous" thread.

I have a mental illness. My diagnosis is that I am bipolar (No, that doesn't mean I'm a bisexual polar bear) with stangzophrenia. That is, I have stangschizo-affective disorder. Stangzophrenia means I hear voices. The symptoms I have had are paranoia of teh loss,depression due to not having money to mod a mustang, hallucinations of having large amounts of money to put into the mustang, random sounds of exhaust, visions of mustangs, excessive fear of driving slow, delusions of how fast my mustang is, and on occasion violent feelings.

Thank you for allowing me to share.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not having money, hearing engine revs in my sleep, fear of driving slow.
I think I have the same stangzophrenia symptoms you have Sammich. The only cure for that is a full tank of premium and a 150hp shot of nos. If that doesn't work, the only prescription worth writing is a gift certificate to 50resto.com.

:D

I dont think i have a problem at all :shrug: well I do drive my fox every day to work even though I have a 4 banger import thats sat in my garage for 4 months now. My import may have a nice sterio and my fox dont. I rather listen to my motor every day 1hr each way to work and from work. Who cares if I get 18 mpg when I could get 30. Plane and simple its a relaxing drive home from work at midnight listening to the most relaxing sound ever V8. No one in sight just me and the capri Im just simply in love with my car.:rolleyes:

I'm SO addicted to Fords plain and simple.......that I'm about to take the Mitsubishi Galant that my Dad's going to give me and trade it in for a 1997 Taurus SHO.

V8s for EVERY occasion HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

:scratch:

P.S. One day I'm going to own a Lightning too!

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!