My Engine is Out of My Car...All of the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P.S.S.S.S.

I was finally fully convinced to come back to an American car after years of buying Japenese cars. Now I am back to leaning towards a Nissan. If this situation is not resolved ASAP it will not reflect well on the Ford Motor company.

This situation sucks they need to put you in a new car ASAP

• Sponsors (?)

I would not take that car back no matter what, replace the car at no penalty or the dealer gets sued!! Don't settle for less!

-rebuilt motor, scratches on car, out in the weather- I'm pissed for you

shadowland2000 said:
Who in there right mind would want this car back after all its been through in only its first month of existence? I personally would never be able to feel confident in a car rebuilt by dealership mechanics that hardly have any experience with this new model.

Unfortunately, the dealership is making things even worse by continuing to screw with the thing when they obviously are incompetent. At this point, I wouldn't accept this car back under any circumstances, new engine or not.

:stupid:

have you talked to a lawyer at all, or talked to a news station about this at all? Im sure the local news would love to report on this situation. They die for horror stories like this and I bet it would get the dealership to get you into a new 05 GT. If i were in your position, I would not take that car back no matter what, I would not settle for less than a brand new car.

pulling the entire engine and disassembling it BEFORE performing all tests and finding cause of problem :nonono:

Man i feel your pain. Just a quick story of my experience........

I purchased a new 2001 gt in nov of 2000 from don davis ford in arlington tx. One year & 36,500 miles later i hear a "knocking" sound from my engine. I contacted the service dept at don davis & they said to bring the car in......

To make a long & painful story short, i had a bad rod bearing on the #5 piston & the dealership said that since my car was "out of warrany" they were not responsible for the repair.

My car only had 500 miles over the factory warrany. If i built a car that couldn't even go 40,000 miles without throwing a bearing i would be ashamed of myself & offer to replace it free of charge & appolagize for any inconvienance.

the dealership's solution to my problem was to keep my engine, sell me a rebuilt engine for $1000 & turn around & rebuild mine & sell it again. They called this a "favor". The only reason they didn't try to charge me more for the rebuilt one is because they knew i could get mine rebuilt for a little more than they were charging & they wanted to make money. Period.

When i got my car back, 1 week & $1159 dollars later, i found huge grooves cut into the tops of both front fenders. It looked like someone wearing one of those belt-buckles that looks like a trash can had been working on my car without the service blankets that they are required to use for any engine bay work.

I got my car back another week later with a half-@ss paint job. I drove the car for a year & started to notice that my clutch was slipping. I intended to get a heavy duty ram clutch to replace it at dallas mustang. When dallas mustang had my car on the lift, they called me back to show me somthing....

MY BELLHOUSING HAD 2 BOLTS, FINGER TIGHT HOLDING MY TRANSMISSION....THE REST WERE MISSING!!!!!!!

I sent an email to ford when the whole engine fiasco started, explaining the situation...this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Ford Division.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write us, and we acknowledge
receipt of your e-mail. We are currently addressing your inquiry and
will be contacting you within three business days. For any future
correspondence regarding this issue, please reference this information
in your message:

Tracking ID: KMM1862606C0KM
Case ID: 635270

Sincerely,
Ford Division
Customer Relationship Center

That was the last message i ever got from ford. No phone call either.

This is a problem not only with ford, but with every major company today. You are not a CUSTOMER to them, you are only a very small number on a very large spreadsheet. Unimportant, & not worth their time, money or effort. Sad but true. The only thing that they (ford) care about is what can make their stock price go up .00000001% tomorrow. Not how they can make a better product & make their customers LIFELONG customers. This has to change or it will only get worse.

Well, I guess I cooled off some since then, or just lost my mind, because 1 month ago I traded my POS 2001gt in & got a 2005 black gt 5 speed. So far I love the car. But stories like yours make me remember how pissed i was at ford 2 years ago. Looks like i might have made a mistake by thinking that my case was an isolated incident.

If ford doesn't do somthing to make you happy and restore your faith in their brand, then they deserve to lose your business & the business of anybody else you tell your horror story to.

I have ranted enough. I hope you get more satisfaction than i got from ford.

good luck (you'll need it)

The original poster of this thread needs to contact the Dispute Settlement Board. I had a similar problem on a new 01 GT and after dealing with the dealer and then ford I contacted the DSB. The number is in the back of your owners manual. I had some paperwork to do and then a phone interview with the board. But I won. I got a new car not long after. Call them.

tnmustang said:
I was going to buy a new convertible in the spring. But, I may have to rethink that.

Don't give up. They want to wear you down. You bought a new car and that's what you deserve. If you don't get the answer you want, go to the next level.

I wouldn't even wait for them to do the test. Ford owes you a new car.

Good luck and keep us posted. I want to know they did the right thing before I make the investment.
Welcome to the boards!

asn130 said:

I purchased a new 2001 gt in nov of 2000 from don davis ford in arlington tx. One year & 36,500 miles later i hear a "knocking" sound from my engine. I contacted the service dept at don davis & they said to bring the car in......

To make a long & painful story short, i had a bad rod bearing on the #5 piston & the dealership said that since my car was "out of warrany" they were not responsible for the repair.

My car only had 500 miles over the factory warrany. If i built a car that couldn't even go 40,000 miles without throwing a bearing i would be ashamed of myself & offer to replace it free of charge & appolagize for any inconvienance.

the dealership's solution to my problem was to keep my engine, sell me a rebuilt engine for $1000 & turn around & rebuild mine & sell it again. They called this a "favor". The only reason they didn't try to charge me more for the rebuilt one is because they knew i could get mine rebuilt for a little more than they were charging & they wanted to make money. Period.

When i got my car back, 1 week & $1159 dollars later, i found huge grooves cut into the tops of both front fenders. It looked like someone wearing one of those belt-buckles that looks like a trash can had been working on my car without the service blankets that they are required to use for any engine bay work.

I got my car back another week later with a half-@ss paint job. I drove the car for a year & started to notice that my clutch was slipping. I intended to get a heavy duty ram clutch to replace it at dallas mustang. When dallas mustang had my car on the lift, they called me back to show me somthing....

MY BELLHOUSING HAD 2 BOLTS, FINGER TIGHT HOLDING MY TRANSMISSION....THE REST WERE MISSING!!!!!!!

I sent an email to ford when the whole engine fiasco started, explaining the situation...this was their reply:

in your message:

Sincerely,
Ford Division

This is a problem not only with ford, but with every major company today. You are not a CUSTOMER to them, you are only a very small number on a very large spreadsheet. Unimportant, & not worth their time, money or effort. Sad but true. The only thing that they (ford) care about is what can make their stock price go up .00000001% tomorrow. Not how they can make a better product & make their customers LIFELONG customers. This has to change or it will only get worse.

Well, I guess I cooled off some since then, or just lost my mind, because 1 month ago I traded my POS 2001gt in & got a 2005 black gt 5 speed. So far I love the car. But stories like yours make me remember how pissed i was at ford 2 years ago. Looks like i might have made a mistake by thinking that my case was an isolated incident.

If ford doesn't do somthing to make you happy and restore your faith in their brand, then they deserve to lose your business & the business of anybody else you tell your horror story to.

Welcome Aboard!

asn130 said:

in your message:

Sincerely,
Ford Division

Excellent post !!!!!!!!!!!

You purchased a NEW car not one with a rebuilt engine. If you wanted that you would have purchased that. Ford OWES you either a refund or a new car from a DIFFERENT dealership. Contact a local tv news. Like has been said they will love to air this one.

Don't back down!!

George

What is so special about the leak down gauge/tool? You would think they would have this or go buy one at a parts house.

My wife had a 2001 base mustang v6 when we got married. She had about 10k miles on it and it got to where when you pushed the clutch in the RPM’s would go up to about 4 to 5 grand and hold. Took it in 2 times for a week each time before they came up with a reason. Dealer claimed the catalytic converters were to blame. Installed a very cheep low quality exhaust system on the car. Did not weld it and one section kept popping out took it in twice for it to be fixed, neither time did they weld it. Third time with me getting nasty with them, they finally had it welded. But here is the kicker; the revving issue was still not fixed. Never could get them to look at the throttle or the brain. After the car being in the shop for roughly a month we gave up on it being fixed and traded it for a Nissan. Dealer was unwilling to do a whole lot (sad when you can not get good service out of the dealer that your brother in-law works at). I said I would never buy another Ford product again (minus my 65 stang), but was getting ready to order a 05 tomorrow. Not sure if that will happen now after the issues you are having and reminding me of the issues I had.

I am a long time lurker of this forum, and finally today I could not take it any longer, I finally had to add my 2cents worth to this thread. I'm watching forums like this so that I can make a GOOD decision about buying a 05' GT. I quite frankly am appalled at the lack of action, and poor customer service from Ford. Last mo. I almost bought a 05' loaded, and was actually willing to pay the 2,900.00 dealer theft fee! Then my wife b*&#h slapped me into reality, and I didn't buy.
Well Mr. Bill Ford, this thread is an example of why I will not now buy a MUSTANG, OR ANYOTHER FORD! I am not willing to be a LAB RAT for your Co. Remember...rolling out the "Quality is job one" B.S., well where is it at? If this is what is considered QUALITY, then you have lost me, and I am sure plenty of other future buyers of the MUSTANG.
The 05' Mustang is the only car since I bought my new 1966 Mustang, that really made my blood boil. I was so excited about buying the car in Nov. I was actually shaking, and I had goosebumps from being so damn excited. But that excitement has quickly left me, and now feel personaly slapped by Ford, as I thought there would not be any of these horror stories.
The way to get incidents like this to stop is to stop buying the 05', and then the lack of sales will wake up the FORD CO. and esp. the stockholders, afterall thats what this is all about anyway; right Bill Ford?
Sorry for such a long post, but I really needed to get this off of my chest, as this whole thing really is pissing me off, so thank's for NOTHING Mr. Bill Ford!

Important!

You need to retain a lawyer, NOW. Get one involved, get your paperwork and timeline together for him/her, and prepare for a court battle. Inform the dealer you have retained a lawyer after the initial meeting. Call ALL of the local tv stations, newspapers, and automotive activist groups and inform them of the issue, and that it has escalated to the point that you had to retain legal services. This may not get the dealer moving as a "threat" but the action following, from the media and court battle, will likely get the attention of the man at the top. Someone, somewhere in Ford has the power to grant your request with a snap of his fingers. Get his attention, and your problem will go away. Trust me. Every day you delay in retaining a lawyer you give the dealership and Ford time to get their lies straight, and give them opportunity to back out quietly, bending you over the entire time. This sounds like prison rape to me, I'd fight back.

Wow, ive read many posts here lately and NONE have gotten me this damn angry !!

Very simple... NEW car or sue the ever living $#!& out of them...

You bought a NEW CAR... :nice:

Did it say anything on the sticker about a REBUILT ENGINE ?? :bs:

Horsecrap... plus they scratch it up and screw youwindow up... :bang: :bang: :bang:

What about when that sucker starts leaking a few yrs from now...

Bull f-n Poop... Sue them !!

Call in the local news, newspapers, the army.. whatever it takes...

NEW CAR should be the only answer to your problem...

When Ford techs damaged my rims, it took months of my calling them to check up (on approval, the check being cut and mailed). They constantly would tell me "Oh, I will call you right back" and "Oh, she is out of town until next week" but finally, many months later they made right. It was a lot of work for measly rim damage that the service manager admitted to and agreed to make right.

They hesistate to get anything done, I would get a lawyer and inform them about it. Your case is getting more and more ridiculous.

Why is it so hard to find a GOOD DEALER!

Sorry you are having problems with that dealer...I feel your pain!

I agree with the lawyer and media ideas. The have been using a prepaid legal system for a while, and it has bailed me out a few times already. www.coveryourfamily.com costs me $17 a month, cover traffic tickets, and any letters and consultations. A company damaged my car when they shipped it, I argued with the company for 2 months. Lawyer wrote one letter, and the check is in the mail! :nice:

If you have spare time on a Sat / Sun. Hang around the car lot and talk to all the people looking at the new Stangs or any car on their lot and let them know how you are being treated! A dealer losing buiness is worse then replacing a car for a customer!

The dealership made probably $2-3K on selling you that car, why can't they just replace the car, pay for title and all. There should be NO TAX since they are selling at a $0 price or giving it to you. And give the rebuilt one to one of the employees for a discount, or something like that!

Best of luck...We are all pulling for you!

New engine, fine, but what about the damage incurred to the vehicle while it has been on your lot and out of the possession of the owner ????

The scratches, the window seal etc....

And what if ,like I already posted, it has nothing to do with the motor mechanically??? And it was actually an electrical/ sensor fault from the ECU ????

Since your tear down showed no evidence of a mechanical cause for the problem.

What happens when this new replacement motor "jumps time" again ??? What will the owners recourse be then ?? Forced to suffer for an additional three weeks without the vehicle ???

Then I am sure the car will qualify for the States Lemon Laws and both the dealer and Ford will be cited for inadequate action and lack of due dilligance to address the customers faulty automobile

Is that what you really want the customer to go through ????

Just had to chime in with my support. I too am looking forward to a special edition model Mustang in the next year or so (whenever they release them) and gotta say I would be boiling too if this is the kind of service I got. Me and my family have always owned Fords and this has got to be one of the worst horror stories I have ever heard of.

How dare they waste time on a week old vehicle? That is completely ridiculous. A new engine cant fix this... Only another new car would fix this. Sell that rebuilt car to someone else who buys it knowingly with the intent to save money on a rebuilt car. There are those out there that would be willing to do that.

This "repair" job was completely screwed from the beginning and is only getting worse. The person deserves more respect than that...

FOR ONE THING THE ENGINE DID NOT JUMP TIME.THIS IS A FREAK CASE. THE HEAD HAS VALVES STICKING. EVERYONE AT THE DEALER HAS DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO GET THIS MATTER RESOLVED. WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING TO GET A NEW ENGINE ALSO. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVIENCE. BUT THIS IS A MECHANICAL PIECE AN THINGS HAPPEN. THAT ARE NOT IN OUR CONTROL. AND THIS SHOULD NOT SHOW UP IN AN CAR HISTORY. IT STAYS IN OASIS FOR 180 DAYS. SO THE HISTORY SHOULD BE A DEFAULT. AND ONCE AGAIN THIS IS FREAK INCIDENT. F-150,EXPEDITION,NAVIGATOR HAS THE SAME DESIGN ENGINE 3V HEAD AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM.AND FOR THE SCRATCH IT IS IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND WILL BE FIXED. THE CAR HAD FENDER COVERS AROUND CAR WHEN ENGINE WAS REMOVED AND THE WINDOW ISSUE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.