My Engine is Out of My Car...All of the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Look, I'm not gonna go back and forth with you sonny boy. I didn't know this was the Science Channel. I thought it was Sci Fi. Go back to watching documentaries.

This story wasn't taking on a surreal proportions yet? It really provides a GOOD example about how Corporate America works?

Who's the Rube? :banana:

Here's 2 cents worth of advice from a Camaro SS owner.

This event will probably show up on a Carfax report. Not good for resale value.

If they give you a new engine, the numbers will not match and the car will lose value as a collectors item.

I would insist on a new car period.

I do like the looks of the 05GT.

Start documenting things

A previous poster pasted the TN Lemon law code. I would start invoking it without specifically saying "I am invoking the lemon law." First, note that that law gives you two different time frames before your car is a lemon.

the car has been in for repair for the same defect for three times and still is not fixed;

(1) The same nonconformity has been subject to repair three (3) or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers during the term of protection, but such nonconformity continues to exist; or

Possibility number 2 is pretty self explanatory. Your car has been out of service for 30 days

(2) The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty (30) or more calendar days during the term of protection.

I am going to guess that yours might fall under 2. Once 30 days are up, in about 2 weeks, you have to send a certified letter to Ford advising it of the defect and the need for repair;

(c) It shall be the responsibility of the consumer, or the representative of the consumer, prior to proceeding under the provisions of § 55-24-203, to give written notification by certified mail directly to the manufacturer of the need for the correction or repair of the nonconformity.

This letter gives Ford an additional 10 days to fix the probem. AFter that, it is either a refund of your money or a new car. Trust me, if ford gets that letter from you saying, Dear Ford, I am writing you pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated 55-24-101 and apprise you of the following facts.....blah, blah, blah," this will stir them to action because it knows darn well the implications.

What the lemon law does is give some teeth to a separate section of the law called the UCC and in particular Art. 2-608. 2-608 allows you to revoke your acceptance of goods you have already accepted if there is a non-conformity (defect) that substantially impairs the value of the goods to the consumer (anybody notice the substantially impair part in the TN lemon law posted earlier?). 2-608 is a nuclear bomb for consumers but is difficult to use. The lemon law acts to make it easier to use with respect to car purchases. Sit tight, wait 30 days from the date you took the car in and if your problem isn't resolved, then send the letter. It sounds like you are half way there already.

Ya this a terrible situation for you. Sure you can wait for 30 days and see about using the lemon law but 1 month is a long time to be waiting on this type of bs. He did not buy a ford explorer, he bought a ford mustang and he should at least be driving one as the loaner. For one, as was mentioned earlier, the explorer gets worse gas mileage so your actually losing money just from gas alone. You should at least consult with a lawyer and see what they have to say about the situation. There may be other laws they are breaking that you have no idea about. It seems the dealer is doing what they can but you should defiantely be creating more bad press for ford on this. Don't accept the answer they are doing what they can for you and you should appreaciate what they have done thus far. What kind of crap is that? If ford wants to see whats wrong with your engine then let them do it on their time, not yours. Please do yourself a favor and consult with a lawyer and get in contact with a local news channel. Even if you have no legal recourse at this point, ford may give in to your demands if this appears on the news. This could potentially lose them many many car sales. I know I am rethinking purchasing mine.

compression checks fail if timing is out of sink with stroke. If the computer recorded an out of time error, then retime it. Put it back together and all should be good. ( you said they tore it apart and found no problems mechaniclly...more specificly bent valves etc). Motors are pretty simple to trouble shoot...id be down there side by side with them!!

You might look to see if it fits in under the "Lemon Law" most states have it. I would definitely be talking to an attorney right now. The dealer and Ford are going to go back and forth while YOU are out of the car you PAID for.

Same thing happened with my brother with his 03 Cobra. Cooling shutdown on the charger and sent everything to crap and ruined the engine in the piston/cylinder walls area. Ford said we arent going to touch it you are responsible. You must have been racing it!! NOT!! Meet my team of lawyers and in less than 2 days the new engine arrived from Ford and was replaced by them at theyre expense.

I am very seriously considering never buying a new ford because of this situation!! If Ford doesn't do something amazing to earn back your trust and loyalty...another vote for making his situation right right now! Any ford executives reviewing this thread consider how many people (loyal to ford) are on this forum...you're losing huge money if something is not done promptly...GET TO WORK!!

Honestly I don't know what to say in this situation guys, sure it's tough luck, and a bad draw. But Ford in the past has honestly shown hostility too. You guys gotta understand, Ford does not, and will not care, warranty or not. You sue em, so what? They still get money. They get bad publicity, people will still buy em. It's about the $$$ either way, your nothing but an innsilent speck beneath their notice. They'll still get their money either way, if 10 of you ban together and go buy chevy's. Oh guess what? General Motors is the same way.

Some of you posters do not even read all the posts and stick in your two cents worth with out knowing what your talking about.

I truely feel half of these posts I read are non Mustang owners stirring the pot here and hopeing for bad press.

The rest of you sound like little children that will not take no for answer. You know what I mean. Learn the rules of warranty before you go off on a tandrum.

I have a good friend who has worked in the big three warrantys for years. It would do me no good as to what most of you people think should be or must be done. Your ideas are not the first and are way out of the norm at this point of the repair.

At this point it is far from a lemon and no factory is going to give a new car just because an engine failed for the first time because someone thinks they should to make things right. They are working at making it right, their replacing the engine and gave a loaner for his early trouble, now somebodies going to sight extra gas cost or it should be a Mustang.

Any sensiable Attorney knows there is no case at this time. If legal action was filed at this point, all work on the car would come to a halt for a long long time, while it gets draged through the courts. What good will that do the owner and what will it cost him. They are working on the car, that is the bottem line here. The news people do not care about engine probems in a car, unless it caused a fire or an accident and has some numbers behind it. Engines get replaced every day. There's not going to be any loss of value if this car is daily driven. Just senseless talk. How many of you have purchased previously accident damaged vehicles and none the wiser and paided full price? There is no collecters value on a mass produced vehicle anyway, unless its stored for the next 30 years.

People have to learn about new products by working on them. What if Doctors never had a first patient, how many of us would not be here today, myself included. Some of you make no sense. No wonder TicketMeRed05GT left this post. You guys have got to be making him :bang:

Badsnke98 said:
Some of you posters do not even read all the posts and stick in your two cents worth with out knowing what your talking about.

At this point it is far from a lemon and no factory is going to give a new car just because an engine failed for the first time because someone thinks they should to make things right.

It is closer to lemon status than you imply, allmost halfway. Ford has to fix the problem by January 3. If it is not fixed by then, our stanger sends his certified letter to ford that same date invoking the Tenn. lemon law. Ford has 10 days from the date of that letter to repair it. If the repair is not effected within 10 days, it is either a new car or a refund less a reasonable allowance for usage.

Any sensiable Attorney knows there is no case at this time.

There is no reason for a lawyer to get involved until January 14.

Nope. I have not left the post! I am currently on vacation, trying to forget the mess. At last check the engine was on order with no eta for getting it back in the vehicle. Still no word from any Ford employee about the letter we mailed. Hopefully the packet from the Dispute Settlement Board will be waiting in the mail when we return.

Yes, I am definately still here....

I just wanted to bump the thread to let everyone know I am still around. Still waiting on the replacement engine to be delivered. Hopefully the Dispute Settlement Board packet of info will be in the mail when we return from vacation. Still no word from any Ford employee regarding the letter I sent them. (It was posted in full on these forums.)

Thanks for the support.

TicketMeRed05GT....I feel bad for you, and hope that everything works out for the best in the end.

For everybody else....stuff happens. Mechanical stuff breaks sometimes - occasionally in a catostrophic manner. As soon as a car company builds the perfect car, we find the perfect dealer, and they develop the perfect customer service for every possible incident, please let me know - I want to buy that car from that dealer and that company.

Thanks.

10,785 Views and Growing...Engine Out of My Car Continues

This is kind of an aside from my daily troubles....

My engine issue has three seperate threads running; with a total viewing of almost 11,000 views.

Just curious, what would be the record for most hits?

Regards,
TicketMeRed05GT

TicketMeRed05GT said:
This is kind of an aside from my daily troubles....

My engine issue has three seperate threads running; with a total viewing of almost 11,000 views.

Just curious, what would be the record for most hits?

Regards,
TicketMeRed05GT
Actually, besides StangNet, I think there was a thread on the SRT forums that I believe reached something around 100,000. It was about a guy who changed his oil by pulling out the oil filter and then letting the engine run.

Status
Not open for further replies.