My NEW progress thread. stangnet style ;)

• Sponsors (?)

Dam............ i sat here and read every page every responce! very nice work man! i remember reading about the other one you wreacked. so in the begining what is the guy that swapped the frame rails over gonna do with that white rear bumper in the background? man i need one so bad! so you put a 35x W in instead of the 302? peace

john:p

Dam............ i sat here and read every page every responce! very nice work man! i remember reading about the other one you wreacked. so in the begining what is the guy that swapped the frame rails over gonna do with that white rear bumper in the background? man i need one so bad! so you put a 35x W in instead of the 302? peace

john:p

which bumper? the vert in the back ground has atwo tone grey and white bumper. but that just got put on an painted. and yes im putting my 351 in.

BK---Good job man. It looks great. Looks like it's got a killer shine and you should be proud. I wet sand every job I do. Rub it out with some good compound and swirl remover, and you can sit there with a 6 pack of beer afterwards and just walk around the car about 100 times over while drooling over your work.

BTW....There is nothing wrong with wetsanding. It gets it flat as possible and gets rid of the dust nibs. I see cars sprayed in booths that still have dust in them. It's inevitable.

BK---Good job man. It looks great. Looks like it's got a killer shine and you should be proud. I wet sand every job I do. Rub it out with some good compound and swirl remover, and you can sit there with a 6 pack of beer afterwards and just walk around the car about 100 times over while drooling over your work.

BTW....There is nothing wrong with wetsanding. It gets it flat as possible and gets rid of the dust nibs. I see cars sprayed in booths that still have dust in them. It's inevitable.

Thats true. mine stll has dust specs in it. but they are way above the color and can easily be removed

So i dont want to start another thread here but lets hear some opinions.

as most of you know i just repainted my car. it does have some imperfections but the main one is in the drivers door where there was a dent and i didnt get it perfect. there are a few runs but not many.

i also dont have very much clear on the car either. so my questions are.

1.) Should i try to sand the door down redo it and re base it then sand the whole car down and lay down alot of clear?

2.) Try to wet sand the rest of the car and re paint and clear the door by itself

3.) Say to hell with itsand down the entire car and go with a good single stage and get really heavy coverage to be able to better my sanding skills without worry of burn through?

How bads the dent? Do you have to drill or anything major to fix it or is it a bondo thing? The other thing I would suggest is if its not a crease to go to a paintless dent repair shop and have them do it. Prolly under $100, I had 22 door dings and a little dent by my gas door on my 89 and it was only $160 to remove them all and looke killer :nice:

How bads the dent? Do you have to drill or anything major to fix it or is it a bondo thing? The other thing I would suggest is if its not a crease to go to a paintless dent repair shop and have them do it. Prolly under $100, I had 22 door dings and a little dent by my gas door on my 89 and it was only $160 to remove them all and looke killer :nice:

its nothing major. hell i dont think anyone has even noticed it yet. but im around the car everyday in all kinds of different lighting and i see it. there are also very tiny dings here and there that i missed. thats kinda wh yi want to repaint. over all the car looks good but its the small stuff that is driving me insane.

BK!!!!! What up?? Glad to see your thread back!

The door sounds like it might be a little wavy from the dent? Try and wet sand that area with 1000 grit on a block. You would be surprised how much wetsanding improves an imperfection from body work. It is less noticeable and you can possibly make it disappear.

If that doesn't work, just block that area a couple times with 150. Then block it with 320. Scuff it down again with 600 or a Scotch Brite Pad. Lay a couple coats of base, and clear the door again.

Don't paint the whole car over with single stage either. If you paint single stage in the color black, you will be fighting wetsanding marks and wheel marks FOREVER!!! Single state can be sanded so flat that it shows everything 10 times more than bc/cc.

Well I would highly reccomend a paintless dent repair place then. They can pop out all the little stuff no problem and it would save you a ton of work and the money for new materials.
I have used them on many occasions and have always had great luck. If its a good place you will never know. It looks easy with the hot glue snd the special rods they use to do it from behind (pervs) but it really is an art.

Ive got to do something. it is driving me crazy. everytime i come home i pull the cover offf get pissed and go back inside. Kinda kills my motivation. imalso having trouble getting the motor together.

i guess i will figure out something.....:(

I agree - paintless dent repair is the way to go. If they can't get the one out of the door, I suggest starting with SVT32's suggestions.

Also, you said there is not much clear on it. How much is not much? Two coats? More? You can do a lot of wet sanding with two good coats of clear. Since you have runs and not orange peel, that tells me you have thick coat(s?) on there anyways.