My NEW progress thread. stangnet style ;)

• Sponsors (?)

ok i made my own brake lines today. i also got new caliper rubber lines. i made all of my own bends and double flared all joints. mad e aniffty little bend to fit the 4 banger lines also. i think i did pretty good. i will post pics tomm.

yea wetsanding to make the paint even only works on singlestage paints. if you lay down a base of silver and dont get it right you cant see it until the clear is on and by then its to late you have to strip everything.

and its not just the point in metallics its the lighter metallics. i was advised (by a pro) that i could do a dark (as menyion above) grey and t wouldnt show up. thats why im going with black. and no matter what color i chose im gonna spend alot of time on it.

hey man, i paint cars everyday, if you really want to paint a car silver, and dont want no streaks, use a HVLP gun, i promise u, a monkey could use a hvlp and not mess up a silver paint job, you have to try really hard to streak it up, black just shows way to much and its a pita. i would rather paint a car silver than black any day

well just an update on colors here. silver is not that hard to spray. i laid down quite a bit of it today with 0 problems. but i already have my paint now and (sorry fivespeedstead) its not silver.

ok people. here is another update. me and rpm182000 got the 2.3 pulled out. worked our buts off. cmae out pretty easy though. im gonna get the bay all cleaned and painted next weekend. but here is my latrest progress.

P1010678.jpg

P1010682.jpg

P1010685.jpg

and for all of you pervs....

my wife

P1010680.jpg