Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Got the aluminum plate ordered, .5"x8"x13" once I get the adapter made I will cut the plate down and smooth the edges. (Or the machine shop will) still tbd.....

Next week is going to be great all this stuff coming in.

That's great news,....hopefully the weather will continue to suck....
8100235_orig.jpg

You have another monster to bring back to life..

Reactions: 1 users
Return of the Frankenstang! Eaton' s Revenge; The M112 story.

Pro log: mounting the new huffer on the valve cover is stupid, buy new :poo: and make work between the valve covers.

Chapter 1: Buying of the new :poo:.

Chapter2 : Waiting for the new :poo: and the beggining of the huffer Inlet!

Join us later tonight for the next exciting installment of...... Eaton's Revenge!!

Reactions: 2 users
Parts finally arrived, I took measurements for the adapter plate. Ran into a snafu the footprint of the blower is wider than that of the mounting bolts... go figure.

So I will have to either weld up a spacer or layer the aluminum plates to get this done. Basically this means more waiting on aluminum plate to come in...
In the meantime I got the first part of the intake done, I have to measure it out to be sure I have enough room to make the CAI... I may need to weld on an elbow so for now this is considered "done".
20170626_201757.jpg
20170626_201805.jpg
20170626_201833.jpg
there may be further smoothing action taken in the form of epoxy, not sure yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Today I did math and stuff. I think I took these measurements at least 50 times and checked my math twice errr ahhh 10 times.:nice:

Then I laid all that out on my .5x8x13 piece of 6061. Looks like this when finished.
20170627_184513.jpg
I already center punched where the intake manifold bolts will go thru the plate, I need 4.1mm washers (Or some mashup to get that amount) between the plate and bolt bosses. Oh and longer bolts of course...

This mitigates the "cant" portion of the adapter. I "couldnt" think of a way to make it work until this morning on my way to work.:D

Now I will have to cut the manifold a bit to lengthen the front port, I am trying to get a minimum 5square inch opening between the blower and manifold. That size (2.75"tube equivalent) can flow enough cfm to feed a 700hp motor. Luckily cfm and density are unrelated so boost is not affected by the size of the opening.

I did not drill the holes today, I will do that in the am... gonna use the big drill press at work that way these are nice and straight.

I like how things are going with this one.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe the thing you just bought above is the stock piece of what you made out of the 4" tube?.............Victor,...er uh Steve?
@a91what
Nope that pic was from the stock photo of the blower I purchased, errr it IS the blower. It came with all the pieces attached. I simply cut the flange off the one you see in the photo then welded (poorly) the 4" pipe to it and smoothed it out. Some jb weld will finish the job to ensure smoothness and proper sealing.