Mystery of my engine oil leak ?

Hello everyone haven't posted in awhile but here's my leak story. 1966 289 C Code. In the valley on top of water pump down by dizzy I get a pooling of oil(not a lot)when I took out yesterday noticed a fine spray of oil under hood. I then looked under engine and found small amount of oil on fuel pump line at the fuel pump. I cannot see anything above fuel pump like oil pump pressure sender leaking. Previous owner had timming chain gasket replaced 7 years ago or 7K miles. I figure based on spray pattern the fan turbulence or a rotating shaft must blowing it out albeit in a fine spray. No signs of oil on ballancer etc.When I clean area of oil that sits in valley mentioned above it takes a while to pool there again. Any Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks-Doug

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks will take a look.

Check the front of your intake manifold. I have also seen the o ring on the dist. cause this.

With the factory AC/Power steering brackets a PITA to get a good look will pull out the old mirror. I do remember when the area behind the water pump(valley) only fills slowly when running .The weeper down under where power steering bracket is is an anytime leak.

here's a tip my buddy an old Harley motorcycle mechanic used to use to find leaks that were difficult to track down, dry off the engine the best you can, then sprinkle some baby powder on the suspect areas, run car for a couple minutes to build up pressure, turn car off, look at powder