NEED ADVICE ON K-MEMBERS FOR 88 FOX

DNA DOA

Apr 3, 2005
Scappoose
Over the winter I want to install a k-member under my 88 notch. I removed another 69 lbs. about 4 weeks ago and now I want more.

Who makes a quality k-member? Is it recommended to use tubular a-arms with the purchase of a new k-member and do I have to go with coil overs?

When I do remove the k-member I will not be pulling the motor. So I have seen them in mags, a brace that bolts (?) to the strut tower etc. and holds the motor in the engine bay while you tear the guts out from under it. Does anyone know what this thing is called and where one could get it?

Thanks,
Ben

SEMPER FI :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

D&D K-members kinda suck. Flimsy and no header clearance. Stay away from those.

My friend bought a PA Racing, PARacing.com and it is an awesome piece. Top quality. Also available in chromoly if you want a few more pounds off of it.

No, you don't have to use tubular arms with aftermarket K-members.

That engine support tool you are talking about can be rented at some automotive paint stores and some Napa locations.

Brandon

Watch out too, some K members will accept factory control arms and some wont. We have done a few Sn's with MM K member and it pushes the wheels out quite a bit. Definately not a totally drop in replacement. I would look at doing it completely- if you cant afford to go coil over then make sure to use a kit that has spring perches on the lowers. Its easier to swallow doing it one time the right way then to keep adding to it.