Need new Door Panels

hllon4whls

BANNED
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Covington
I need to fix or replace my door panels. I saw some on a thunderbird today that looked good and were homemade. Where can I get that speaker type carpet from and about what does it cost? Dumass that had the car before me cut holes in the doors to mount tweeters and a mid. Looks like crapola.

• Sponsors (?)

i don't think $250 for a nice set of door panels is bad at all. I'd hate to imagine what a NOS set would cost. Or factory replacment if they made them. Heck a set of used replacements will cost you well over $100 if they're in good condition. Search ebay though for used ones. The 87-93 variety are plentiful. Feel lucky you don't have to find good condition used panels for 79-86. Sometime you get lucky. I lucked out and got some really nice panels for my 83 for like $80 shipped :D. SCORE!!

J.

I have decided to redo my panels. I have the spray glue, the padding. I am waiting to get some backing material and some black vinyl and the black dye. I am looking for something simple and decent looking. I plan to follow the stock 87 pattern, but the bottom will be blank vinyl.