Need to fix drivetrain slop.

I am looking for suggestions regarding fixing my Mustangs drivetrain slop. Essentially, the problem is a forward-to-rear bucking of the powertrain that occurs in first gear at low rpm's. I think it could be due to worn-out engine mounts (I noticed while changing the clutch that the motor moved quite a bit during the process), however, perhaps the problem is also due to worn differential bushings or something that I am not very familiar with.

The transmission mount is new and was replaced when the clutch was changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Engine mounts, u-joints, rear control arm bushings, rear wheel bearings could all have something to do with it. My car has the same feeling of drivetrain slop you describe and in my case I think it's all of the above contributing to it.

I don't know much about diffs so I'll let someone else chine in on that one. But I'd start checking things one by one to see if you find anything obvious.

my car does this somewhat, check your timing and carb settings(i assume you're EFI though)..you might be surprised that the cause of this is engine related, not driveline slop..i just roll to a stop in neutral now instead of letting it buck like that

~Mark~

^^^^
The car is not having issues at idle, off-idle or any rpm at any throttle position while the car is at a stand-still. I don't think that this problem is from a faulty tune or setting.

I honestly believe it is due to "things" moving around too much.

Mike

Motor mounts is a solid start. Control arm bushings...well you cannot see much of them unless you take them aparts. You could replace those too...but you had this problem before and after your clutch install right?