New 88 GT Owner From Maryland

Cabernet88GT

Jan 15, 2021
Maryland
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and the new owner of a 1988 GT MT. I believe the vehicle was last started around 2007 so I am in the process of getting it running again. The car is just about completely original and spent its entire life in the southern Californian desert so seems to be a good candidate for restoration. It is also kind of unique in that it is a factory no A/C, no power window or locks, no door stereo speakers and no rear defrost package. I have already found a ton of useful information on the forum and am excited to learn more. Currently working through some electrical issues with the fuel system.

-Jeremy

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Welcome, congrats on your find. This bunch a guys have tons of helpful info, just ask and ye shall be healed.

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
See Jeremy help is here. I'd change all the fluids( fuel,oil,trans,coolant,ps,differential) I do this with every used car I ever got.This ensures you start with a clean slate.The hoses and belts should be next. You said it say for what? 13+ years. Full tune up is way over due. It's all gone be a fun journey,trust me.

Reactions: 1 user

Cabernet88GT

Jan 15, 2021
Maryland
Thanks guys! Will make sure to drain the gas tank and change out the fluids. I found some pretty helpful threads on starting up a vehicle that has been sitting for a while.

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
Welcome!
We do need pics though. It’s the small price to pay to get the help you need! Let’s see that ride!

Cabernet88GT

Jan 15, 2021
Maryland
Welcome!
We do need pics though. It’s the small price to pay to get the help you need! Let’s see that ride!
Thanks! Here are a few pictures of the car.

Attachments

• drivers_side.jpg
    drivers_side.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 18
  • passenger_side.jpg
    passenger_side.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 18
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 19
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg