miss_molly_mustang

May 22, 2017
Jack, AL
Hi All!

I am so excited to be a part of a virtual community that has a love for cars, specifically mustangs, like myself. I have had my baby going on 8 months now. I didn't know it at the time, but she would become my project car and a way that I identify myself. I will be posting my progress as I continue to work on her, as well as back track what progress I have already made.

-miss_molly_mustang

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet
You will find this site is full of very useful info and very helpful people.
And some not so very helpful people lol. Other than being Mustang fans we all have in common the love of Pics-so be sure to post up lots of pics/check out the subforums and welcome to the site :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet Molly.

From your picture I see your car is an edge mustang.

Tell us more about it and post some pictures.

You should snoop around our '96-'04 subforums, you'll get lots of help there with your project.

Good to have you with us.

Welcome to Stangnet Molly. Checkout the 96-04 subforums you will find a lot of helpful friendly people there. Let us know more about your new edge Mustang and post up some pics please. Do you have any plans for your Mustang? Any mods?

I apologize for the delayed response friends. I've been moving into my summer room assignment because I am living on campus and taking classes this summer.

Anywho..

My car, Miss Molly, is my pride and joy. I have always loved cars since I was little. My first toy as a child was a toy truck, my granddad was a racecar driver, and my mother used to work for Daimler-Chrysler before they split. So you could almost say it's in my blood.

When I got Molly, she was in bad shape. Thus far, I have changed: a windshield, a door, new tires all the way around, a new rim (they were 16" all, but one and it was 17"), a power-steering pump and pulley, 2 serpentine belts, an A/C compressor, spark plugs and plug wires, air filter, and most recently a radiator and thermostat. The owner before me had no idea how to take car of a vehicle so you could say, up to this point I've been doing damage control.

*edit: I forgot to mention that I had 0 back brakes for a LONG time - there wasn't even a caliper attached to the rotor on the back passenger side. Needless to say I spent a small fortune in brake fluid until I could get it fixed (new brake line, brakes all the way around, rotor, and caliper - my wallet cried a LOT that day)

At this moment in time *knock on wood*, no mechanical issues are present so I am beginning to work on the outside appearance. The paint job on the car looks like it was done by a 4 year old in a sandbox - no exaggeration, I promise. I also have discovered that the car was wrecked on the passenger side, not very much but enough to bend the frame. I have considered fixing it myself - I am a certified welder - but I don't trust myself enough to line everything up perfectly.

As far as modifications go, I want to lower my car just a little. I also want to change my exhaust (right now it's straight piped) to something a little more mean. I would like to throw in a cold air intake ( I know it only improves your gas mileage by like, at the most 1 or 2 miles, but I'm a ballin' broke college student on a budget). I want to put in performance level coil packs too.

I have considered swapping my car from an automatic to a manual. I learned to drive on a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT that had a 6-speed manual in it (I never lost a race I should add). But it is VERY, VERY stupid expensive to change over, even if I do the labor myself.

Thank y'all for being so welcoming, I really appreciate it. So now you know part of Molly's story and I plan on sharing it as it continues!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I apologize for the delayed response friends. I've been moving into my summer room assignment because I am living on campus and taking classes this summer.

Anywho..

My car, Miss Molly, is my pride and joy. I have always loved cars since I was little. My first toy as a child was a toy truck, my granddad was a racecar driver, and my mother used to work for Daimler-Chrysler before they split. So you could almost say it's in my blood.

When I got Molly, she was in bad shape. Thus far, I have changed: a windshield, a door, new tires all the way around, a new rim (they were 16" all, but one and it was 17"), a power-steering pump and pulley, 2 serpentine belts, an A/C compressor, spark plugs and plug wires, air filter, and most recently a radiator and thermostat. The owner before me had no idea how to take car of a vehicle so you could say, up to this point I've been doing damage control.

*edit: I forgot to mention that I had 0 back brakes for a LONG time - there wasn't even a caliper attached to the rotor on the back passenger side. Needless to say I spent a small fortune in brake fluid until I could get it fixed (new brake line, brakes all the way around, rotor, and caliper - my wallet cried a LOT that day)

At this moment in time *knock on wood*, no mechanical issues are present so I am beginning to work on the outside appearance. The paint job on the car looks like it was done by a 4 year old in a sandbox - no exaggeration, I promise. I also have discovered that the car was wrecked on the passenger side, not very much but enough to bend the frame. I have considered fixing it myself - I am a certified welder - but I don't trust myself enough to line everything up perfectly.

As far as modifications go, I want to lower my car just a little. I also want to change my exhaust (right now it's straight piped) to something a little more mean. I would like to throw in a cold air intake ( I know it only improves your gas mileage by like, at the most 1 or 2 miles, but I'm a ballin' broke college student on a budget). I want to put in performance level coil packs too.

I have considered swapping my car from an automatic to a manual. I learned to drive on a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT that had a 6-speed manual in it (I never lost a race I should add). But it is VERY, VERY stupid expensive to change over, even if I do the labor myself.

Thank y'all for being so welcoming, I really appreciate it. So now you know part of Molly's story and I plan on sharing it as it continues!
I dig the back story on Molly- looking forward to a progress thread... With pictures :)

It's cool that you're just getting after fixing your car, lots of younger people out there that just won't do that.

In case you didn't know, we would like pictures of your car.

Aaaah....the joys of hot rodding on a student's budget. Just remember, you're getting that degree so one day you can afford to make your mustang faster. Important ground rule of life there.:D