New pony in the stable...

DeVus1

Founding Member
Mar 29, 2002
P-Town, Va.
I had originally wanted silver, but I always loved the way the black Cobras looked when clean. So I finally found one I liked and am now the proud owner of this beauty. With only 27k on the odometer, she has been treated with MM strut tower brace, MM sub frame connectors, K&N air silencer box, and a Magnaflow cat-back. Next up is a pulley change and a custom tune. This is my sixth Mustang and third Cobra. A timeline of Cobras to follow:

16126.jpg

98rfside8x6.jpg

72934.jpg

72936.jpg

72937.jpg

72935.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

87Mustang351 said:
hey man how did you like the second cobra for power wise was it stock? i think its a 98 a guy around me has the identical one black and everything

I owned that car for five years. Prior to buying the 03, I have never driven a supercharged car. For that reason I will shed insight on how the 98 Cobra drove as a N/A type person.

The 98 was an awesome car. Having previously been driving the 93, the difference really is night and day. The 93 was torquey down low, the typical pushrod feeling. When I test drove the 98though, I immediately fell in love with its high revving engine. Stock, I think the car made 278rwhp and 269rwtq. Out of all the cars Ive owned, this one was easily my favorite. Sometimes I miss it, but it really doesnt hold a candle to the 03. Hope that helped.

Blakthorn said:
what would you rather have, the 03 cobra or the 93 cobra?

As much as I liked the 93, I sold it to buy the 98. I liked the 93, but it really doesnt hold a candle to either the 98 or the 03. Its the power up high that really gets the adreneline going. The 93 ran out of power at about 4500 rpm. Maybe if the 93 were black, I would have held onto it longer.

DeVus1 said:
As much as I liked the 93, I sold it to buy the 98. I liked the 93, but it really doesnt hold a candle to either the 98 or the 03. Its the power up high that really gets the adreneline going. The 93 ran out of power at about 4500 rpm. Maybe if the 93 were black, I would have held onto it longer.

I'd take a 93 Cobra any day! That blue color looked so good on those cars :drool: