Opinions on H&R super sport springs.

02SonicBlueGT

Founding Member
Sep 18, 2002
Ankeny, IA
I have a friend interested in getting my eibach pro kit from me and I was thinking of switching over to H&R super sports since I want to go a little lower. the eibachs ride really nice and I'm not sure if I want to give that up just yet.. do the H&R's have a rough ride or are they pretty nice? I am also considering getting shocks and struts at the same time so that might help the ride too. any input and advice would be great.. also if you have those springs on a 99+ stang, please post pics.. I'd like an idea on how much of a drop it is.

• Sponsors (?)

1 definite vote for the H&R supersports. I've had them for over a year and love them. Ride is firm, but not harsh. Handling is superb!
33643NEWREARCORNER-med.JPG

Get them.....I have them along with Bilstein Shocks/Struts and my ride is basically stock like......but a LOT more responsive/handels better, a lot better, etc.

main.jpg

-Eric

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 89
LiquidStang said:
Get them.....I have them along with Bilstein Shocks/Struts and my ride is basically stock like......but a LOT more responsive/handels better, a lot better, etc.

main.jpg

-Eric

I agree. And be sure to get some good shocks/struts like Bilstein HDs with them......otherwise your stock shocks will be shot in a matter of months.

I can honestly say that my Bilsteins were my greatest improvement in my suspension (not that I have a lot).

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 113
Mine sits noticably lower than both of my buddies cars, and they have the sportlines. Ride wise, I think mine rides maybe just a little better, especially over a little bigger bumps, I think it doesn't hit the pinion snubber quite as bad. All in all I'm very happy with the SS's, and get quite a few compliments on the stance everywhere I go.

i'm coming back to this thread again. I still haven't changed over and I'm seriously thinking about it now. Its like my mustang looks average, I want it to sit a bit lower, I'd like to get 19's someday and have it really fill in the wheel wells. With my stock 17's I can still fit almost 4 fingers between the fender and the tires. I just want it to sit a bit lower. Can you guys post up pics of your stang with H&R supersports so I can get a good idea of how much a drop it would give? I'm also contemplating eibach supersports, but I've heard they ride really rough. any input is welcomed! thanks