Part III of my Turbocharged Mustang build.

GroverDill said:
DART Iron Eagle 8.2” deck, 364ci short block assembly, 4.125" bore, 3.4" stroke Eagle Internal Balance 4340 crank, 5.4" Eagle 4340 H-beam rod ARP 2000 rod bolt upgrade, Probe SRS pistons xx.xcc dish, plasma moly ring set, Clevite H-series Main and Rod bearings.

Oil System Package (Canton 7qt Pan kit, steel, Melling HP Oil Pump, FMS or ARP oil pump drive shaft, ARP stainless Steel bolts, ARP oil pump bolts)
AFR205 58cc chambers, hyd roller prep
Spyder Style intake
90mm Accufab
Probe Shaft Mounts
Crane Hyd Linked lifter
COMP Hi-Tech 1 pc Chrome Moly pushrods
Rollmaster Billet Timing Chain, Red Series, FMS Billet Steel retainer plate
Camshaft Innovations Custom Hyd *Billet*
Romac Steel with ALUM outer ring (lightweight and will not rust)
Fel-Pro 1011-1 head gaskets, Fel-Pro Intake gasket,
Head Studs ½”, cam bolt , balancer bolt
Billet Alum Flywheel

Viper T56
Single Turbo Kit
Snow Methanot Kit
Weldon fuel pump/filter/regulator
-10 feed line -6 return
Sumped tank

:woot:

Very nice! Im jealous of the T56:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Brads Coupe said:
Well the spring is fast approaching and I figured its time to get things moving on stage III of my Turbocharged Mustang. This year will be another extreme jump in performance. Everything has been ordered and only time is a factor now.

The new list of goodies.

Ford R-Block
Eagle internally balanced forged crank
Eagle H-beam Rods (with arp 2000 upgrade rod bolts)
SRP Pistons
Clevite H(race)series bearings
Cam Motion custom ground cam
Crane lifters
TFS Track Heat Heads being ported and polished, possible spring upgrade.
Holley Systemax II intake port matched and polished.
ARP hardware
Melling High Volume Oil Pump
Internally balanced SFI Damper
84# injectors
900HP custom fuel system
Bigstuff 3 standalone with wideband and internal datalogging.
MSD Billet Pro distributor
MSD Crank Trigger and kit
Custom sumped tank
JGS Billet Bypass valve
Tbolt clamp upgrade
Flex-a-lite Black Magic Extreme electric fan
3G ALT and 200amp wiring kit by Alpine
Custom painted pulley brackets
BFG Drag Radials
Edelbrock adjustable CA's
New paint :cool2:

...I think thats about it.:eek:

Pics coming soon.:nice:

What is the total displacement of the engine. I am considering running a similar combo, but wanted to run a 331. My main goal is to hit 700hp on pump gas, daily driver

blue302stang said:
is it at all streetable? What kinda power are looking to get out of it?

Of course, in fact you won't even be able to tell it from anything but a stock mustang when I drive by.

In fact its more quiet then a stock Mustang. About the only thing that will give it away from the outside is the sumped tank and the big brakes.

Should actually run much nicer then last years setup.

A few more pics of the teardown. Steve cleaned everything up like it was new again. :nice:

Check out the old pistons and cylinder wall, good as new. Thats called a Toma tune. :nice:

Check out the last pic, the cam gear was eating away at the cam plate :shrug: What would cause that?

Picture 2-1.jpg

Picture 4-1.jpg

Picture 6-1.jpg

Brads Coupe said:
Of course, in fact you won't even be able to tell it from anything but a stock mustang when I drive by.

In fact its more quiet then a stock Mustang. About the only thing that will give it away from the outside is the sumped tank and the big brakes.

Should actually run much nicer then last years setup.
What kind of power are you looking on geting out of the combo?

Brad have you found any other valve covers that look good (polished) that fit with a minimal spacer? I have a customer that wants some polished or chrome valve covers, Holley intake, styud mounts, 1.5" cowl hood...

Not sure Mike I deal with the Canton stuff but have never purchased any of the VC yet, I'll have to call and get some pricing.

Brad Did you run a billet timing set? Did it use a brass washer? If so you should run the hardened cam retainer plate, I can get you the PT# if you need it.

Rick 91GT said:
Not sure Mike I deal with the Canton stuff but have never purchased any of the VC yet, I'll have to call and get some pricing.

Brad Did you run a billet timing set? Did it use a brass washer? If so you should run the hardened cam retainer plate, I can get you the PT# if you need it.

My new cam plate is hardened steel with a roller bearing setup. Very whizzy.:nice:

I ran as high as 13.5psi on the street on my stock block with no issues.

My setup will see 18psi.