Please rate these mustang parts dealers...

krash kendall said:
I deal deal with American Pony's sister shop north of the border Canadian Mustang. Great service, has everthing under the sun from OEM to repro, and the prices up here can't be beat. I don't have issues with shipping costs because they are fairly close by so I pick everything up.

That reminds me everything I received form LMM had either American Pony or Canadian Mustang imprinted on it.

• Sponsors (?)

Will any of these places make a guy a good deal if he's planning on spending alot of money with them? Say like $4000 worth of parts. Or like taking my huge list of parts that I need and making me a deal on them. Anybody done that with any of the listed vendors?

I'm sure anybody would. Call them and see. I know LMM sells bundled "kits" that are already discounted slightly. But if you told them up front what you needed and asked for their best price anybody should be willing to deal a little. I know I would.

I haven't tried all the ones you listed but I'll say this much. I tried Cal mustang once way back when, was not thrilled with price or service once I learnt more. I have been very satisfied with Virginia Classic and NPD. I would grade VA a little higher for my experiences but they don't offer an online service. They claim it is to better serve the customer and they do serve, but many prefer to order online these days. One that hasn't been mentioned yet is John's Mustang in texas, they have a website now. Small outfit but big on service, they have made mistakes but fixed them immediatly and prices are great. They also carry hard to find items, for example many companies knock off (poorly) the old discontinued Kenwood stereo unit these days but he has about every last one in existance because he buys out excess inventories and the like from people. many items I have only been able to find there.

As for the future, I am currently rebuilding my car from top to bottom and I plan to try out Florida Mustang (our own 65fsbkhipo aka George) for my purchases this time around and I'm sure I'll be treated well. George has always been very helpful around here and when just about all things are considered equal I prefer to give my money to an acquaintance over a stranger any day.

brianj5600 said:
I have two good experiences, Virginis Mustangs and Mustangs unlimited. Only two I have dealt with and would recommend both.

I would have to agree with these two. I live in Va so my shipping cost are really low with them but I have never had a problem with them. If I need to return something they were cool about it..as was Mustangs Unlimited. I would check and see which one is closest to you because if you are ordering that much, you can save on shipping. Mustangs Unlimited is in CT and GA.

Metro Mustangs sucks....I had such a hassle from them getting my money back. Everytime I called it was a different excuse. I had to threaten to fly down there and watch them put it on the damn card!!!!!

Pakrat said:
I haven't tried all the ones you listed but I'll say this much. I tried Cal mustang once way back when, was not thrilled with price or service once I learnt more. I have been very satisfied with Virginia Classic and NPD. I would grade VA a little higher for my experiences but they don't offer an online service. They claim it is to better serve the customer and they do serve, but many prefer to order online these days. One that hasn't been mentioned yet is John's Mustang in texas, they have a website now. Small outfit but big on service, they have made mistakes but fixed them immediatly and prices are great. They also carry hard to find items, for example many companies knock off (poorly) the old discontinued Kenwood stereo unit these days but he has about every last one in existance because he buys out excess inventories and the like from people. many items I have only been able to find there.

As for the future, I am currently rebuilding my car from top to bottom and I plan to try out Florida Mustang (our own 65fsbkhipo aka George) for my purchases this time around and I'm sure I'll be treated well. George has always been very helpful around here and when just about all things are considered equal I prefer to give my money to an acquaintance over a stranger any day.

Va Mustang is working on a website that's suppose to be up. I prefer to order online myself. Hopefully the site will be up and the prices won't go up too much :cheers:

MO351 said:
Will any of these places make a guy a good deal if he's planning on spending alot of money with them? Say like $4000 worth of parts. Or like taking my huge list of parts that I need and making me a deal on them. Anybody done that with any of the listed vendors?
I have talked to Johnsmustang.com about this and he is willing to work with you and he will price match to boot :flag:

NPD is really great
Cal Mustang, never had a problem with em, tech service is alright, there parts have always fit flawlessly, but theres a catch, i walk in....lol 20 min drive for me.
Mustang Depot, ive only bought a few things from em, but the service was great and it was here before the due date, techs are good.
My personal favorite, mustang country, tech service is superior to any others i know aside from mustang village, prices are ok, and they will give you a deal on such a big order, i should know, the only thing with them is shipping is a little to deal with only cause they will find you the best parts, so it takes a little while....by the way thats 5 minutes away from me, god i love my neighborhood..... :D

FasterThenU72 said:
NPD is really great
Cal Mustang, never had a problem with em, tech service is alright, there parts have always fit flawlessly, but theres a catch, i walk in....lol 20 min drive for me.
Mustang Depot, ive only bought a few things from em, but the service was great and it was here before the due date, techs are good.
My personal favorite, mustang country, tech service is superior to any others i know aside from mustang village, prices are ok, and they will give you a deal on such a big order, i should know, the only thing with them is shipping is a little to deal with only cause they will find you the best parts, so it takes a little while....by the way thats 5 minutes away from me, god i love my neighborhood..... :D

I would have to say that being close to a dealer will save you alot and also helps in the case you do have to return stuff. Va Mustang is generally priced on the low end on most of their stuff. I am sure that's because they can afford to be cheaper, the cost of living in Broadway, Va is DIRT cheap :D :D . Even if you can't drive to one, I would recommend finding one within 200 miles of where you are...just to cut down on shipping. I estimate I have paid 400-500 easily in shipping charges the last 3 years.

Not to highjack the thread...but I am looking for a place to buy good USED parts. Ebay has turned into a joke for the most part because dealers are putting their stuff on there. You can still find some good deals on occasion. I need quarter trim panels for 66 vert. Does Mustang Village do used stuff ?

mustang village in fontana ca, is basically a graveyard for mustangs.....the catch is all the parts that are in decent shape they grab and put it in the back storage, so that way people like us can of course come in, buy it, do what needs to be done and put it on our ride.....iv'e gotten quite a few things from them for me as well as my buddies just to save a quick buck, and weve all been pretty satisfied with what theyve provided and also what we did to make the parts look and work like new... :nice:

Mustangs Plus-I've had great service and parts. I've spent over 2K with them and not had a problem yet. In fact, they helped me get all the sizes correct for my wheels so I could order them from someone else! That's customer service!

CJ Pony parts- I've only bought a few things from them at car shows. But they were very helpful and prices were ok.

National Parts Depot-I've bought a lot from them because I live around the corner from them. I've been in their office and they are helpful but they don't know a lot. Most times there is some other customer in the office with me that will answer a question for them. Prices are a little high but for me there's no shipping. :D

Tony Branda-Never heard of them?

Mustangs unlimited - I've only bought a few things from them. No reason. Prices seem to be par for most stuff. Some of the guys there almost expect you to know what you're doing like you've been working on stangs all you life. I've haven't. But that wouldn't stop me from going back.

American Pony-Never heard of them?

Mustang Depot-I haven't bought anything from them. No reason why.

Cal-Mustang-My wife bought me a bunch of stuff from them for Christmas. She seemed to like them and their prices are ok. But after looking through their catalog I too got the impression that some of their stuff is kinda cheap. Luckly my wife only bought signs and garage stuff...no car parts.

Superior Mustang Parts-I've never heard of them.

Others -
Year One - Their nice now because they're new. But for the things I looked for were kind of high priced.

Street or track-They have some interesting things. Prices ok. I've never bought from them.

Trophy Mustang-I've never bought anything from them. Look like another parts supplier. Nothing too special.

I think they are all, Buyer Beware! Just double check whoever you order from and also the parts when they first arrive, part numbers, quality, damaged, etc...

Moneypit,

Old Dominion Mustang in Ashland has some mustangs behind their shop for used parts, I've been in there before. Their new stuff is expensive and their shop is split between mustangs and craparos. As previously stated CJ Pony has a mustang scrapyard, and there used to be a place around Denver, but I haven't seen an add for them in years. I stopped in there about 16 years ago, and they had a ton of parts in a warehouse.

I'm a big fan of VA Classic Mustang. I don't order from them because I get hit with shipping AND sales tax, makes them uncompetative, but I do stop in to blow a few hundred whenever I'm in that part of the valley.

Whenever I used Mustang's Plus, I didn't have any problems with them. I called to find out about their Grab-a-trak shocks for my big block & the guy called me back to recommend the KYBs for me. That's pretty good service in my book.

I also appreciate that Ron wrote in to defend his company and offer to help. We need to give these guys a break otherwise we will only have huge corporations selling us the parts that they want to sell. That would hurt us all. Support all of these guys & if the service sucks, let them know. I often get the owner on the phone to answer questions or to complain.

My only wish would be that if the parts suppliers are delivering low quality stuff, these vendors should somehow let us know. Personallym if I could find a parts co. that will only sell the highest quality repo parts, I would stick with them.