Would you prefer a 01 Cobra or 03 Cobra

• 2001 Cobra

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 2003 Cobra

Votes: 32 82.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It comes down to money and compromises.

Of course, the 03 is the champ as far as power and handling. Its not quite as rare as previous Cobra models, but it is probably the best Mustang produced to date. Its heavy, but the car appears to make up for it.

The 2001 Cobra gives you all of the same SVT mystique with the badges, limited production and handbuilt engine and makes a very respectable 320hp. It offers comfortable seating and very good handling/ride demeanor for a daily driver. Its an easy to car to drive fast. However, as indicated the factory warranty on most are nearing their end. Mine is out as of October 2004.

The 03/04 Mach 1s are a tremendous bang for the buck when some dealers willing to deal on them. You don't get the Cobra name, styling, badges, handbuilt engine, etc. but you do get a limited edition Mustang, unique vintage Mach 1 styling on top of the GT styling and the 305hp rating is underrated and looks to be the best 32 valve naturally aspirated 4.6 in terms of performance from the factory. You get the solid rear axle without choice so there are pros and cons to that. It can't match the ride or handling control in everyday driving situations like that of the IRS-equipped Cobras, but it is probably one of the better riding solid rear axle Mustangs and there won't be any worry about the spector of IRS wheel hop to pop up.

• Sponsors (?)

I had a rear axle 00GT and did not like the way the rear jumped out over small bumps in corners. For straight line accel a solid axle is the only way to go. For daily driver, I'd much rather have the IRS. So the Mach 1 is not what I'm looking for.

I was having the exact same debate . I opted to go with the 2001 . I chose the 2001 over the 2003 because I enjoy modding mustangs . I had (still have - for sale) a 93 5.0 . I really enjoyed working on it and making it faster . If i bought the 2003 my budget would be strapped with payments - no money for mods . I got an unbelievable deal on a 2001 . I waited 'till the end of the month and the end of the year when the dealers really want to unload their vehicles and walked off the lot paying $4000 below book value . I will take the 5-6 grand I saved not buying the 2003 and enjoy the hell out of modding my 2001 . I have plans for full exhaust , suspension upgrades , wider wheels , bigger tires , and will definately go blown . I can hardly wait to get started .

:nice: :flag: