Possible OIL in rad, flowing through coolant..

monte87

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2001
new york
hey guys-

Question~ When coolant gets in the oil, symptom of blown H/G-right? But can Oil get into the Radiator/coolant, i mean visibly seen in the radiator with the cap off. is this possible? yet-car runs perfectly-nio other prob's whatsoever....

Ant

p.S. replaced h/g are brand new, Ford racing graphites.

• Sponsors (?)

Victor my buddy did the repair,
And smitty my car is an auto.... But that is what my firend stated just before.... Or maybe it could be the 2 bottles of water wetter-I put in there???

Ant

if it is tranny fluid leaking into the rad-
is there anyway, If thats the case- That i could disconnect the tranny lines into the rad cooler in the rad and run them straight into my external tranny cooler i hooked up? Then it shouldnt leak @ all, and would that really make a huge difference in cooling the fluid down anyhow-eliminataing the in-rad tranny cooler. Oh by the way the rad is a Fluidyne.

please let me know- Thanks Ant

I have this same issue with my new motor, and no matter how much I get out, four passes later there is alittle more oil floating on top. No water in the oil and the car runs great. I just go with it.LOL

well-checked again tonight-

and seen small little ball like oil particles moving around in the rad neck. i pulled the dipstick and oil was clean, Im starting to think its the tranny cooler in the fluidyne rad leaking tranny fluid, not 100% though-Has anyone ever had this problem before???
I mean my H/G are brand new, Ford Racing Graphite H/G's with myabe 500 miles on them, So im highly doubting H/G failure @ this point.

Guys whatta ya think???
Thanks Ant