Post If You Have A Custom Cam

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
South Jersey
Hello everyone, I'm curious to see who out there is running a custom cam. If you don't mind I would like to know a little bit about your combination and some specs on your custom cam. I'll dig through my folder in the garage and post up my cam information later today. I'm only really looking to find information on custom cams rather than something off the shelf. At the same time, I'm not looking to debate custom vs ots cams in this thread. Let's try to keep it focused and on track.:)
-Doritos

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sadly I cant find the cam card for the lsa but mine is from Cam Motion. 254/262 632/608 with 1.6 rockers. Still a hydro roller. havent quite put on my big boy pants yet. When it need to be gone through a lot of changes are going to happen.
347 9:1
F1r 88/46
AFR 205
Super vic

----------------Intake----Exhaust
Duration @ .006:----265*-----276*
Duration @ .050:----215*-----224*
Lobe lift:----------.355"-----.354"
Lift W/1.6 rocker:---.568"-----.566"

Lobe separation: 112*

You guys are probably familiar with my combo; TEA TW 205 (now the old generation), 319 CFM @ .600" IIRC. 90mm long-runner TFS-R intake CNC port matched to the heads. Stock '86 302 bottom end, ended up being around 9.8:1 CR. 1-5/8" shorty headers and 2.5" full exhaust. In case someone digs this thread up 1000 years into the future and my sig has changed, the car made 336 hp and 324 ft-lbs at the tires like this.

The cam is admittedly not perfect for my setup, TEA helped me set it up using catalog lobe profiles from Comp, going off of what I thought would be "about right". In hindsight I should have had Ed Curtis or someone like that spec it out, but the car runs pretty well for what it is.

I have a custom cam ground by Comp. I have a general idea what the specs are, but I am a little drunk right now and don't want to give out bad information. I'm stuck in Detroit for the next 3 weeks for work. I had a 2 day trip tomorrow, but the butt nuggets just took it away from me, and I'm not sure what my schedule will be. One of three things will happen, I will get home and remember to look up the exact specs and post them, or I won't remember, or it will be 3 weeks before I get home and this thread will be 6 pages deep. Wish I could participate.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
----------------Intake----Exhaust
Duration @ .006:----265*-----276*
Duration @ .050:----215*-----224*
Lobe lift:----------.355"-----.354"
Lift W/1.6 rocker:---.568"-----.566"

Lobe separation: 112*

You guys are probably familiar with my combo; TEA TW 205 (now the old generation), 319 CFM @ .600" IIRC. 90mm long-runner TFS-R intake CNC port matched to the heads. Stock '86 302 bottom end, ended up being around 9.8:1 CR. 1-5/8" shorty headers and 2.5" full exhaust. In case someone digs this thread up 1000 years into the future and my sig has changed, the car made 336 hp and 324 ft-lbs at the tires like this.

The cam is admittedly not perfect for my setup, TEA helped me set it up using catalog lobe profiles from Comp, going off of what I thought would be "about right". In hindsight I should have had Ed Curtis or someone like that spec it out, but the car runs pretty well for what it is.

Curious, what was the reason for the 112 vs 114 lsa?