Powerhouse Turbo Installed!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

turbofreek said:
you know you can pick up even more power withut a tune change by ditching those mufflers. get a strait through none chamber muffler. and congrats on the turbo they are sweet arnt they:nice:

I tried the MRTs but got a wicked drone and a fart noise at a certain RPMs because of the LTs I had on. I thought about the SLP liudmouths, but wasn't pushing enough power and was afraid that they would sund crappy on a 6. And as it stands, even with the chambered JBAs (which are pretty smooth sounding), I set off car alarms when I parrallel park...

What would you recommend? I am going to enjoy the JBAs for awhile, but do you think the SLPs would do the trick?

Excepcion13 said:
I tried the MRTs but got a wicked drone and a fart noise at a certain RPMs because of the LTs I had on. I thought about the SLP liudmouths, but wasn't pushing enough power and was afraid that they would sund crappy on a 6. And as it stands, even with the chambered JBAs (which are pretty smooth sounding), I set off car alarms when I parrallel park...

What would you recommend? I am going to enjoy the JBAs for awhile, but do you think the SLPs would do the trick?

Scott from MRT was telling me they have some new resonators that gets rid of the drone (or at least a majority of it..)

scrming said:
Scott from MRT was telling me they have some new resonators that gets rid of the drone (or at least a majority of it..)

You know, the drone never really bothered me too much, but that fart noise caused by a weird resonance at 2800-3000RPMs attributable to my LT headers was unbearable. And embarrassing. NOT MRT's fault, just a peculiarity of my specific set-up. I wonder if the resonators would have sorted that out? I was just loathe to shell out even more money and time on resonators and work after the fact and just sold them and got the JBAs

But I do really like these JBAs. On duals they remind me of how the single MRT sounds on your car. And they really smooth out the raspiness of the turbo. Now the exhaust note is very muscular but smooth... I will try to get Todd to get a clip.

Excepcion13 said:
You know, the drone never really bothered me too much, but that fart noise caused by a weird resonance at 2800-3000RPMs attributable to my LT headers was unbearable. And embarrassing. NOT MRT's fault, just a peculiarity of my specific set-up. I wonder if the resonators would have sorted that out? I was just loathe to shell out even more money and time on resonators and work after the fact and just sold them and got the JBAs

But I do really like these JBAs. On duals they remind me of how the single MRT sounds on your car. And they really smooth out the raspiness of the turbo. Now the exhaust note is very muscular but smooth... I will try to get Todd to get a clip.

hmmm... wonder what a single MRT would sound like with stock exhaust system and some kind of FI... hmmmmmmmm

dynomax's ultra's the oval ones that look like a regular muffler but are a strait through type of muffler. sounds are similar to a chamber muffler but can cancel out the drown your refering to. not in all systems but in some cases they get rid of the drown. but i will tell you that drone is there on all cars just sometimes its noticable more than others. may have to do with tip location or length of strait pipe before it ends at the back. fyi

mattzts said:
only 8psi why? is that just for now for break in purposes? i mean i have a 97 eclipse that runs 10-12 psi stock. with a bigger turbo and fmic can handle 20 or more psi. what size turbo is that anyway?

Mine is running 9.2-9.5 PSI and I have a spring that I can switch out if I want to make 11-12 PSI. The springs can be combined to make around 20PSI. Basically, we are both looking to run safe levels first. We do not have forged internals, and pushing these cars too hard can result in piston damage. So until I decide on upgrading the internals, I am going to do this for a while and then switch to the other spring.

Besides, the 7.5 rear-end may not be able to handle much more. I have TrueTrac and girdle, but 400RWHP may be the limit for that set-up. The Powerhouse V6 is now running more boost (15 I think), but they have an 8.8 rear-end.

The Turbo is a Precision PT61. More details here: http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/precision-turbo/turbos.html?T4-Race

Excepcion13 said:
Mine is running 9.2-9.5 PSI and I have a spring that I can switch out if I want to make 11-12 PSI. The springs can be combined to make around 20PSI. Basically, we are both looking to run safe levels first. We do not have forged internals, and pushing these cars too hard can result in piston damage. So until I decide on upgrading the internals, I am going to do this for a while and then switch to the other spring.

Besides, the 7.5 rear-end may not be able to handle much more. I have TrueTrac and girdle, but 400RWHP may be the limit for that set-up. The Powerhouse V6 is now running more boost (15 I think), but they have an 8.8 rear-end.

The Turbo is a Precision PT61. More details here: http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/precision-turbo/turbos.html?T4-Race

and our 4.0L's are a high compression motor... not the best for boost... LOL!

scrming said:
and our 4.0L's are a high compression motor... not the best for boost... LOL!

True. If I go any higher past the 11-12 mark, I will have to seriously consider adding the dished pistons and stronger wristpins. I am just wondering what the install cost on that would be...

What is Lidio's take on all of the FI out there? What does he consider safe levels, etc.