Powersteering

• Sponsors (?)

The power rack fit! I got it tightened up last night its close but it fits. The steering shaft went in with little drama so I am waiting on some parts. I should have it done just after 1st snow flies up here...

Reactions: 1 user
no stanard energy suspension mounts i think they sit higher than the stock 93's ( I think the 93's had vert mounts stock)

energy mounts are modeled after the vert mounts, maybe a bit taller, but same basic design. prothanes are based off the hardtop mounts. factory switched em all to the vert mounts though sometime before 93 (not sure when, just that they did, maybe just using what they had for the end of the run like they did with the 85mph speedos in 89?)

It is supposed to have better feedback and be more precise than the Fox racks. I kept all the steering parts for that 86 I had I loved the way it felt, I am so over that manual rack

Yeah man, I lust over how clean an engine bay is without PS, but especially on a 1000hp car, I have to be able to steer very quickly with just my left hand (assuming it's a stick). PS is just something I will not live without.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379185393.808453.jpg

So I did a little more mock up and rewrapped some wires and just general clean up

I know most of you guys can relate one seemingly simple project turns into a long one with lots of mini projects

That tensioner is just for mock up and testi g I will get a SS rod for it later

Measure the distance between the center of the tires in front of and behind the wheels. Adjust until they measure the same. This will get you close enough to get the car aligned. Did you set the tie rods up to be parallel to the lower control arms?