pro 50 shifter in!

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Just installed my pro50 shifter in my 4 banger! Man these are nice! But not sure if i like this better then my tri-ax from steeda? Could be that my tremac shifts diffrent then a T-5?I had a pro50 in my 95 with a T-5 and it shifted nice! Anyone ever experimented with the pro50 and the tri-ax in a tremac?If so whats your opinion on the 2? peace

john:p

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Pro 5.0 and i've driven on a Tri Ax a lot and they're both great shifters...i think my Pro 5.0 is a little stiffer maybe, but that could also be the 3550 which is known to be firm to shift.

I have a Pro 5.0 with a Steeda Tri-Ax handle in my '89. I LOVE the way the thing feels. However, the eBay shifter in Lynn's Capri with a modified Tri-Ax handle added on feels VERY similar (albeit slightly stiffer because it's brand new and mine's got at least 50k on it) and costs a fraction of what a Pro 5.0 or Steeda Tri-Ax would run - it's just a hair taller than the same handle on a Pro 5.0 base, but still shorter than stock and quite nice. :nice:

Can't comment on the Tri-Ax base, itself, as I've never gotten my hands on one, but being that my Pro 5.0 shifter, Lynn's eBay shifter, and the Hurst Billet Plus in my buddy's '90 notch all feel exactly the same, I'd say just about ANY shifter is better than stock and all feel pretty similar. It all comes down mainly to which handle you prefer, price, and prehaps some of the fine details in their construction, such as the kind of adjustable stops they use. :shrug: