Project: fuel injected 347 stroker

brian is good stuff... but another one means i am going to need new glasses, more long nights on stangnet reading long posts that have good information and then thinning out the rest of the long posts that are restating said good info and those little retorts that get under peoples skin

• Sponsors (?)

brian is good stuff... but another one means i am going to need new glasses, more long nights on stangnet reading long posts that have good information and then thinning out the rest of the long posts that are restating said good info and those little retorts that get under peoples skin

i usually just close my eyes and randomly delete half the post...usually helps cut it down the the info and skips all the "you're an idiot and this is why im better than you" this dude seems to be pretty good at it. :D

haha, so your suggesting I call this dude up and challenge him to a race? haha

I dont care about dyno #'s, HP is more accuratly calculated by the relationship between weight and trap speed, which puts this car at about 415rwhp.

ET Calculator

ps- are you in love with this guy or something?

415 rwhp for 119? theres plenty guys running 3200 lbs 400 rwhp and going 124 mph.

also i think this combo was on a mustang dyno so on a dyno jet it is closer to 330 - 340 rwhp. that kinda power would be real close to putting down those times with a hell of a driver.

415 rwhp for 119? theres plenty guys running 3200 lbs 400 rwhp and going 124 mph.

also i think this combo was on a mustang dyno so on a dyno jet it is closer to 330 - 340 rwhp. that kinda power would be real close to putting down those times with a hell of a driver.
yeah, I was just calling BS about 300rwhp car running low 11s at 120mph (at that weight)

Ok so Jay allen ran that 11.19 at 120, and im sure he changed a ton of parts and had quite a bit of tuning into the car to get it to run that well, if the average guy tried to do that, by the time he got done with all the testing and swapping parts he could have just put a set of aluminum heads on the car to begin with and he would have probly spent less money. Im not saying what he did was BS but thats the hard way of doing things.

They just went 10.90s in factory stock, they run E7's in that class should i put e7's pn my car and hope it runs faster, nopppe, its not a fair comparison to compare race parts to street stuff, if the OP bolts gt40 heads on his 347 can you tell me with a straight face that its going to run low 11's? Thats a bet i'd put money on, and nobody said $3000 dollar heads, he could sell those GT40's and get a used set of trick flows for cheaper and be ahead of the game.

Why take the hard way iff you dont have to?

the factory stock guys are putting down some crazy times, I talked to one of the guys a few years ago (back when they were barly in the 11s) and he said the motors ran super wide tolerence's in order to cut down on friction

Ok so Jay allen ran that 11.19 at 120, and im sure he changed a ton of parts and had quite a bit of tuning into the car to get it to run that well, if the average guy tried to do that, by the time he got done with all the testing and swapping parts he could have just put a set of aluminum heads on the car to begin with and he would have probly spent less money. Im not saying what he did was BS but thats the hard way of doing things.

They just went 10.90s in factory stock, they run E7's in that class should i put e7's pn my car and hope it runs faster, nopppe, its not a fair comparison to compare race parts to street stuff, if the OP bolts gt40 heads on his 347 can you tell me with a straight face that its going to run low 11's? Thats a bet i'd put money on, and nobody said $3000 dollar heads, he could sell those GT40's and get a used set of trick flows for cheaper and be ahead of the game.

Why take the hard way iff you dont have to?

so you dont think if this guy spent his money with Jay getting the cam and parts that Jay wouldnt help him out by telling him what VJ to run, what gear to run and basically give him a run down on what it will take to make the car run?

you are spending the money one way or the other. whatever, ive said my piece.

so you agree that the 300rwhp is BS:shrug: cause 411fwhp is @ 350rwhp

that kinda depends on a few variables. ever play with a dynojet and parts?

"put my money where my mouth is" what are you suggesting I bet on?:shrug:

he's got email. let him know you wanna see his car run and have him tear it down for you. use your imagination

do you even have a mustang? or do you just ride other peoples coat tails?

im just trying add tech. what have you added other than "get bigger heads" and "I call BS"?

to answer your question
gt-big.jpg

so you dont think if this guy spent his money with Jay getting the cam and parts that Jay wouldnt help him out by telling him what VJ to run, what gear to run and basically give him a run down on what it will take to make the car run?

you are spending the money one way or the other. whatever, ive said my piece.

What i think is kind of funny is that 2 weeks ago you said this

efi 347, TFS FAC 190s and a TFS R or spyder intake, and a CI billet HR cam. thatll run low 11s and make 400rwhp fairly easily.

But now your saying you can go just as fast with way less

What i think is kind of funny is that 2 weeks ago you said this

But now your saying you can go just as fast with way less

because he already has the gt40 heads and it has been proven the piston speed they can support. if he were going to buy another set then by all means spend the money and get the FAC heads.

sometimes you make due with what youve got as long as itll get the job done. the OP hasnt even given us any goals. so if the head he's got will support low 11s at that piston speed, and he wants a 12 second car, why does he need to spend extra money on a set of heads cabable of 10s N/A?

if it were mine i wouldnt even waste time putting a 347 in a stock block, but whatever. id just run the longblock as it sits.

notice i said the other setup would run low 11s easily, this combo would be maxed out at low 11s. the OP said he wanted to use his heads, so i gave him an alternative.

the other poster still needed to buy heads, different scenario.